Duck1984

An Alamo Bowl to Remember?

Remember the last Alamo Bowl for the Ducks?  I don’t.  It has been erased from memory.

This year could be special, as Oklahoma hired former coaching legend Bob Stoops to help with the head coaching transition.

Oregon should hire coaching legend Mike Bellotti to help with our transition to set up a rematch of the only time the schools have played.  

Dennis Dixon lead the Ducks on a come from behind victory over Adrian Peterson’s Sooners.  

The game is most remembered for a disputed recovery of Luke Bellotti’s onside kick.  Video review was unable to overcome the call on the field.  Ducks went on to score to take the lead for good.

Oklahoma and Stoops will seek revenge at the Alamo Bowl.  I hope the Ducks find a way to care at all.

Edited by Duck1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

They've played way more than once unless it was meant to say only bowl game matchup.

Edited by Bigbill1

Ok is a far better offensive team than Utah--Stoops knows the system. It would take an act of God for us to win that bowl.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/5/2021 at 5:29 PM, Bigbill1 said:

They've played way more than once unless it was meant to say only bowl game matchup.

Correct.  Should have said the “last” time the schools have played.  My apologies!

The last Alamo Bowl Oregon played in was a beautiful (and mostly terrible) allegory for the 2015 season. Healthy Adams, Oregon is offensively unstoppable and looked like a playoff contender... injured VA... well might as well concede now to avoid the embarrassment.

I'm am now convinced that for Oregon the Alamo Bowl is cursed. Next time Oregon would make an Alamo Bowl... we just need to decline and take ANYTHING else.

In the past, I would have spent yesterday (if not the last few weeks) setting up multiple refundable bowl game reservations.  This year, I just don't give a damn.

I think new HC Veneables and his new OC from Ole Miss, may coach the Sooners in the Alamo Bowl that ESPN isn't broadcasting until 9:15 ET. Regardless, I expect OK fans to outnumber Ducks fans 8 to 2?

This is a terrible bowl for the conference to send its 2nd best team to. Holiday, Las Vegas and LA all make more sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

ESPN calls it Oklahoma 35 - Oregon 21

WA ST is the only Pac-12 team predicted by ESPN to win its bowl game.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:14 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Regardless, I expect OK fans to outnumber Ducks fans 98 to 2?

Fixed it for you Jon.

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2021 at 2:52 PM, Duck1984 said:

Remember the last Alamo Bowl for the Ducks?  I don’t.  It has been erased from memory.

Arrrgghh!  I can't erase it. 

I will always carry in my twisted mind an image of Scott Frost sitting in the stands stuffing his face with nachos.

When he should have been coaching our struggling offense to just put up a measly 3 points in the second half.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Eating GIF