Ktmguy2018

Slowing it down...It's a great time to be a Duck!

I mentioned in a previous post about my 10 year old that I am excited about what lies ahead.  

This week, I called my friend at the season ticket office and purchased my tickets for next year.  It was an awesome feeling!  The buzz around the ticketing office is crazy, they are just as excited about what lies ahead.

To read the passion on this board from folks about their ducks is what makes the crowd at Autzen special.  

I know the signing day is next week, and there is concern about losing commits, and losing current players because of uncertainty.  

So my question is this: MM was a 3* but WANTED to be here.  Are we more concerned about our national rank in recruiting or do we want kids who will give it everything they have regardless of stars because they WANT to be at Oregon?  Anybody doubt the heart and passion of 3* Travis Dye?

I have no idea who the new coach will be and I've made the decision that I'm just going to slow it down and enjoy being a Duck ticket holder.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Well said. The new HC, staff, players and fans will have one thing in common.....

All Oregon Ducks......

The fun part of sports is that it's the same game but each game unfolds differently.  Hopefully exciting.

Honestly, the last 2 seasons, the games were not always fun to watch. Predictable, not exciting. Nail-biting games against 1-10 or 3-9 teams. Not really entertaining..

Looking forward to the new staff, new players and supporting the young men who stay........

Go Ducks.....

• Thumbs Up 2

MM, Travis Dye, Unger, Chung, Throckmorton, Shane L, and the list goes on and on of former Ducks who were recruited and DEVELOPED by the Oregon staff. I’m hoping our new coaching staff excels at player development (ala—Neal, Greatwood, Pellum, Campbell, etc)

The Roster has been full of 3* and lower for decades. With this kind of roster, we have been to the Natty, or at least should have been, 3 times. You bring up a good point about Dye. He barely cracked the top 1000 players in rank coming into college. Yeah, barely top 1000. McKinley as well. So, the ability to find diamonds in the rough happens every year. Patrick Chung was a 2*. But, name the National Champion teams over the last 20 years. How many have kids who are predominately 3* and lower to fill their roster? None of them. NC caliber teams are loaded with 4* and higher players. Top 10-15 for their position is a common theme. 

Having heart isn't limited to 3* and below. I know you know that. But, my point is that 5* kids have the genetics, but they have the heart to be great. KT gave his all. His desire to be a game wrecker was proven on the field. He came from California. It's important to NOT impose our Fandom on the intent of these kids. We are loyal based on decisions made several years ago. Usually its because we grew up right around our school or we made a 'personal' decision to Major in a specific class to get us our 'Dream Job'. If you dreamed of being a structural engineer, you aren't a Duck, you are a Beaver. 

This valley is littered with kids whose dream school is Oregon. They would give their heart and soul to be here. They wouldn't even sleep if the coach requested as such. They bleed Green and Yellow. But, they aren't good enough. Which brings me to the Fans. If we want a National Championship Trophy to parade next to a Heisman Trophy, then you better have the 'Dudes' on the roster. And, that is predominately and consistently a top 10 class full of 4 and 5* players.

• Thumbs Up 2