Charles Fischer

It IS Certain: Lanning IS a Candidate for Oregon HC Job

With all the stuff flying about...this article helps to clear up some of the confusion, and I'm glad to see the Ducks are after him!

Report: Georgia's Dan Lanning a Candidate for Oregon HC Job Amid Conflicting Rumors by Paul Kasabian of Bleacher Report

utz8otktgnonpkyve09o.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

This part certainly did.

"The eventual Oregon coach will replace Mario Cristobal, who departed the Ducks for the University of Miami."

Some of the clearest reporting I have read in days.

• Haha 1

PER AJC-Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning will be named the new head coach at Oregon as soon as Monday, according to a person familiar with the situation. While a contract has not been signed, there is an agreement in place and the deal is expected to be finalized next week.

On 12/11/2021 at 6:06 AM, Duckman1 said:

PER AJC-Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning will be named the new head coach at Oregon as soon as Monday, according to a person familiar with the situation. While a contract has not been signed, there is an agreement in place and the deal is expected to be finalized next week.

Yes....that was posted here yesterday is just a little bit down the page.  My point is that there are conflicting reports, (such as that one you referenced) and at least we know for certain that he IS a candidate.

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks to all for doing your best to keep this forum updated.

Rumor or no rumor, I certainly hope that every top level coach or assistant coach is a candidate for the Duck HC opening. 

Whether NFL, collegiate, active or retired. Cast a wide net from the top names down to who?

Find a coach who wants this job and recognizes this is a top 10 job.

Coaches who have played or coached at the level the Oregon Duck program aspires to reach and win. Lanning meets that type of criteria.

Especially recruiting and coaching those monsters front 7 players from the south. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about that.

Looking forward to the search ending with a new Oregon HC.

Based upon the comments this week on this site, it's safe to say...

The Forum members are going to lose what's left of their minds....

Check out the UGA 247 board, posting lots of stuff about Lanning