Duck1984

What Happened Last Night?

Something big happened on Twitter last night.  

Player’s parents and Lanning’s brother made passionate statements about the Duck football program and the potential coach.

B1922373-C5A2-4E8D-BB02-2196BE520361.jpeg

it was a twitter spaces chat with Dan's brother, which i had never even hard of before last night... it's kinda like hosting your own radio station talk show.

i definitely missed quite a bit of it but

He said he was a little skeptical on the rumors as his brother has always told his family before taking a new job and he hasn't heard anything so far.

He thinks it would be a good job and he could see his brother taking it but that's just his own opinion.

He doesn't think his brother has a dream school to coach at.

Dan has a beach house in Florida... 😩

Gabriel Sewell jumped in, he said Dan was one of Noah's primary recruiters at Georgia and he'd be happy to have him coaching.  He didn't care too much if the HC was a defensive or offensive guy but wanted a balanced team.  He also said he bore no ill will towards Mario, he recognizes this is a business and appreciated how he took care of his sons.

Gabriel and Jackson Powers-Johnson dad both said the sooner a coach is hired the better but I guess that's to be expected.

Dan's brother also mentioned that even though Kirby is a defense guy Dan did all the defensive play calling.

Edited by deschutesduck

One report said that more than 3,000 people joined, including Duck WBB coach Kelly Graves.

And the discussion lasted over three hours.

Edited by Duck1984

I remember someone saying Kelly Graves was listening, I think Verone McKinley logged is as well but i don't think either participated.  The most people i saw on it was 1.6k but I had it playing in the background most of the time while i was doing other things.

Anyone here still believe Oregon isn't a premiere destination? 

We're going to get the best coach possible given the circumstances.

THEN, well go back to complaining about what's wrong with the program lol.

When life seems uncertain to me, I rely on faith that good things will happen.  My life has worked out pretty well.  

And from the comments I've seen in this forum, a resounding majority of us have always landed where we expected to be.

What makes us think Oregon Football will be any different?

Oregon's future is bright.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 12/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, Mike West said:

Anyone here still believe Oregon isn't a premiere destination? 

We're going to get the best coach possible given the circumstances.

THEN, well go back to complaining about what's wrong with the program lol.

When life seems uncertain to me, I rely on faith that good things will happen.  My life has worked out pretty well.  

And from the comments I've seen in this forum, a resounding majority of us have always landed where we expected to be.

What makes us think Oregon Football will be any different?

Oregon's future is bright.

I've just got to wear shades!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1