EzDucksIt

Lane Kiffin, His Own Worst Enemy

This is why he would be a terrible addition to Oregon

"Get your popcorn ready." -- Lane Kiffin, to CBS reporter Jamie Erdahl, on the field before Ole Miss played Alabama.

"I don't even know why it came out, and I actually said to Lebby, I got on the headsets and said, 'I just said something really stupid. You better score a lot of points.'" -- Kiffin, on trying to rally Ole Miss offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby after his Alabama comment. Kiffin said after the 42-21 loss that at halftime, with the Rebels trailing 28-0, he told Lebby, "It looks like we didn't plug the microwave in, buddy."

That last sentence had me laughing my ass off, Thanks Lane for just being you.

Not sure what happened but Twitter video, did not make it.  But I am happy with the Lanning pick, than Lane.  He might be a great OC but the baggage he brings, is more distraction that Attraction IMHO.

Kiffin, with Saban's approval, reinvented the Bama O. He did a great job at FAU. In his 2nd season at Ole Miss he has the No. 8 ranked team in the country and playing No. 7 Baylor in the Sugar Bowl.  His D at Ole Miss from year 1 to year 2 dramatically improved.

I think his on field results trump his on occasion over the top quips and I love his enthusiasm on the sideline.

He's a little bit like Mike Leach and the dude at Oklahoma State, Mike Gundy- strong coach but sometimes verbally his own worst enemy.  I actually like when coaches aren't all buttoned up like Saban and actually show a personality.  If Kiffin weren't quite so mercenary, I might have been more excited about him as the Dux coach.