jimmer

Transfer Portal Statistics: 75% Have NO HOME?

The space between the haves and the have nots will continue to grow because of the portal. Some of these players will end up with no scholarship at all.

Very risky for a second tier player.

Be interesting to see how many players are negatively impacted by portal. These are kids making life decisions that will affect their whole life. Except for a few family and friends, they are making these decisions alone.

College football is big business and many will do whats best for the almighty dollar. Coaches have hired guns to negotiate on their behalf.  These kids do not,  many will learn hard lessons as this machine chews them up.

College football is no longer your Grandfathers football. Good luck to these young adults. They are adults and can make adult decisions, but they will also reap the benefits or consequences alone. Good luck young man.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

This is terrible!  I would hope the coaches refer to these stats, but I'm sure every player "knows" he is much better than Oregon is recognizing.

Mr. FishDuck

I think in some cases development of a player based on the staff is the issue.

I also think CFB and NFL is the new drugs, almost a get rich quick scheme. the hype around 5* playing and in high school they were the best around, then that gets whittled down in College where you have better players, then again int he NFL when it is the best of the best. Some end up addicted to their own hype, and don't think they need to put in the effort.

In other cases, coaches just don't develop, which is something I believe Oregon had an issue with regarding Cristobol. Some of the big names did not develop and some of the blue collar kids did not as well. Is that coaching or lack of skill. Oregon has had coaches that coached up their teams, I don't think with all the talent Oregon has they were really coached up. They won being more talented, not better coached or tougher. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1