30Duck

Expand the Playoffs: Make the Bowls Mean More

It isn't just recently that the Bowl Games have lost their shine. Back in 2013, DeAnthony Thomas and Josh Huff were less than thrilled about playing in the Rose Bowl

Analysis: Expanded CFP Gives More Players Reward Worth Risk

Ralph D. Russo AP News

• Thumbs Up 1

Make all the playoff games bowl games. This would solve it. Lose the "6 win team" baloney.

On 1/3/2022 at 12:13 PM, Quackanadian said:

Make all the playoff games bowl games. This would solve it. Lose the "6 win team" baloney.

Or, play all playoff games on campus except for the champ game played in the Rose Bowl on 1/1. CFB is tied to the bowls by tradition and nothing else. Expand the field and incent teams to get home games via better seeding as a result of better strength of schedule. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 8:38 AM, 30Duck said:

It isn't just recently that the Bowl Games have lost their shine. Back in 2013, DeAnthony Thomas and Josh Huff were less than thrilled about playing in the Rose Bowl

Ralph D. Russo AP News

On 1/3/2022 at 8:38 AM, 30Duck said:

Ralph D. Russo AP News

I just hope Oregon gets to the promised land soon because I cannot agree at all 100 % the way the greed has now filtered to a game I really loved to watch. After what happened with our season it was a huge way to get gut punched. Either way I can't even nor ever side with these players that are now it's all about the money. This is not close to the game it used to be and now bingo we got greedy rich people wanting to take every good thing out of this once a league of fun has turned to players thinking everybody owes them.

The money changing hands is huge and they are turning it into a SEMI PRO league. Oregon please pay the bills it will take to lets all be honest, beat the SEC. It needs to happen soon or will it ever? Just lets be honest this brand they are creating is disrespecting the game. The game we love yet the sacrifices sometimes the emotional side can be kind of rough and man don't know about the rest of you but this year was a hard season to stomach more than others. Got to hope Oregon will just slap that permanent smile on your faces. Go Ducks better days ahead!

Its just me and I will never respect a player who wont play or opt's out as that's not what these young men should be able to do. Its like this they signed a letter for a " FREE RIDE " 4 years or whatever it takes for them to Graduate because there's only a select few that go on to the next level. I'm being facetious it isn't free and I would imagine would put any kid wanting a degree around 100 Grand for that. I could go on about just that right there. So play the game regardless. So I'm sure this is just gonna get way out of hand and it will come back and eventually bite them.