Charles Fischer

Ya Think? Kliavkoff Says "Pac-12 Has Work to Do" with Football

It is all I can do to restrain from the "Captain Obvious" jokes. But he gave some reasons for our lack of success, and I'm not sure I'm buying them.  Are you?

George Kliavkoff: Pac-12 has 'A Lot of Work' to do in Improving Football by Zach Pearson of Trojans Wire

USATSI_16461008.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Mr. FishDuck

Cute how the Trojans writer told us that Riley would make things better.

GK is correct regarding the state of the conference in CFB. Easier to point fingers at COVID than prior leadership or rather, the lack thereof. Do all of his bosses 'get it?' Do many of them care? 

GK has one very tough row to hoe.

I found it interesting it seemed George focused on what the programs could do to improve. I want to know what he can do to help those programs, that is his job. I can tell him real quick one of those things, get to an 8 game conference schedule.

If that is all George had to say then the reporter wasn't doing his job with questions. It may also show George isn't focused on what he should be working on.

I hope he is a better leader than the article showed. The article seemed to indicate he is waiting for the programs to turn around while he watches. We need George to get to work on things he can help with, and quick.

60en7a.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, Haywarduck said:

I found it interesting it seemed George focused on what the programs could do to improve. I want to know what he can do to help those programs, that is his job. I can tell him real quick one of those things, get to an 8 game conference schedule.

If that is all George had to say then the reporter wasn't doing his job with questions. It may also show George isn't focused on what he should be working on.

I hope he is a better leader than the article showed. The article seemed to indicate he is waiting for the programs to turn around while he watches. We need George to get to work on things he can help with, and quick.

60en7a.jpg

Leadership? I think the discussions on whether to expand or stay as is would have been fascinating to listen in to and I'd love to know the research that was used to reach this conclusion? Was it simply immediate financial impact that was looked at or were there longer range projections that were considered? The short turn around between GK saying AAU membership would not be a requirement to join the conference  (good thing for ASU, OR ST and WA ST) was to me, extremely puzzling.

It almost seemed the rug was pulled out from under the guy before there was time for a complete evaluation to be made?

And the 'reference to the conference being an 'exclusive club' turned me off just as, 'it just means more' turns me off.

OMG!!! It's LESLIE NIELSEN!!!

I didn't think he was particularly funny,  either...

USATSI_16461008.jpg

Edited by woundedknees
  • Haha 1

He's correct on the covid thing. It just KILLED them, in preparation, experience, really anything that gets better with playing got stomped on. (But the colleges did little to push back)

Hes absolutely wrong on the youth development thing. See if you can guess what state the QBs from Alabama, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Georgia backup are from? All-American WR Olave from OSU is from California. All-American TE from Georgia is from NAPA! They're all just fleeing the Pac. Why?

The Pac12 is bad football right now. What is he doing to fix it other than providing excuses?