30Duck

Former Sooners Star Calls Out "Clowns" Who Follow Riley to USC

• Thumbs Up 1

OU is going to need 'them' and much, much more when it gets to the SEC. 

OK's decision to leave the B12 for the SEC is clearly about dollars meaning more than wins. I doubt if OK will be an SEC champ except maybe once every 2 decades? Texas perhaps fewer SEC championships than even this?

I hope the whole team leaves Norman behind and the admin guys who stabbed Bob Bowlsby in the back.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:08 AM, 30Duck said:

I can’t understand why they would follow a coach that bailed on them.  Coach Riley seemed to feel he could not win with them.  He slapped them in the  face and they follow him. 

friday night funkin

On 1/17/2022 at 7:35 PM, maiasisco said:

I can’t understand why they would follow a coach that bailed on them.  Coach Riley seemed to feel he could not win with them.  He slapped them in the  face and they follow him. 

I think it is about the money for Riley along with not moving into the SEC where he knows he won't be able to win the conference as easily as Oklahoma. It is also pretty likely that there was been some back channeling between Riley and the players joining him at USC. This is a new age where players can follow their coach... that isn't even possible in the NFL but it is now in college football with the transfer portal.

On 1/17/2022 at 8:18 PM, David Marsh said:

It is also pretty likely that there was been some back channeling between Riley and the players joining him at USC

Maybe front channeling, as there is no sheriff in town.  Plus, they may have the same reasons .... more money, lesser competition, easier path to the playoffs.

On 1/17/2022 at 8:43 PM, Steven A said:

easier path to the playoffs.

They may think that now.... But I look forward to seeing Lanning beat USC in the coming years.

But yes... Absolutely agree... All the former Oklahoma people probably truly believe USC will be easy enough to restore to greatness and will walk all over the conference again.

On 1/17/2022 at 11:18 PM, David Marsh said:

I think it is about the money for Riley along with not moving into the SEC where he knows he won't be able to win the conference as easily as Oklahoma. It is also pretty likely that there was been some back channeling between Riley and the players joining him at USC. This is a new age where players can follow their coach... that isn't even possible in the NFL but it is now in college football with the transfer portal.

$100M, that's a lot of money to be about. Apparently OK AD Castilogne did not fill Riley in on the possibility of heading to the SEC. I think Riley has seen enough of the SEC in the playoffs?

Why does anyone want to compete in a conference where A+M just paid $70M in NIL deals for its new recruiting class? Sorry, but that is simply cheating.

IMO, cancel all OOC games with the SEC. Take back the Rose Bowl. Convince the B1G to do the same. B1G - 1 PO title, OH ST. And with another chance in 2020, the Bucks were smoked by Bama in the title game. MI ST blown out by Bama. Michigan blown out by UGA. Pac-12? OR blown out by Ohio State. UW smothered by Bama. It's AA batters against elite MLB pitching.

Harbaugh had a terrific team at Michigan this season. A team that was smothered by Georgia. 1 reason Harbaugh is the odds-on favorite to take the Raiders job is that he knows that he will not win a Natty at Michigan. This and the Raiders just fired the GM. Harbaugh could have a heck of a lot of authority in Las Vegas without the pressure of winning at his alma mater; a school that actually has requirements for admission. He did beat a down Ohio State. He knows he cannot put together a roster at MI to equal the top SEC teams.

Riley knows the same. How often to you think OK will make the SEC title game let alone win the SEC? The kids Riley recruited to OK owe nothing to OK. How many player's on the OK roster were asked their opinion of going to the SEC?