30Duck

Is Matt Prehm Right about Georgia?

The answer a lot. How many 4 and 5* star players are behind the guys who left? One heck of a lot.

I expect UGA in the 2022 247 roster rankings to be in the top 3. Matt is grasping at straws (Dawgs?) and missing.

It was an upperclassman heavy team... I think they are going to have some real difficulties next year. They were going to have some growing pains regardless next year but that was without the transfers. The transfer portal and NIL are gutting teams faster than anything.

There is so much movement that I honestly don't know who is going to be good... besides Bama... We have seen Oregon take some hits but nothing like what is going on elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Add this Bulldog to the list:

On 1/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, David Marsh said:

It was an upperclassman heavy team... I think they are going to have some real difficulties next year. They were going to have some growing pains regardless next year but that was without the transfers. The transfer portal and NIL are gutting teams faster than anything.

There is so much movement that I honestly don't know who is going to be good... besides Bama... We have seen Oregon take some hits but nothing like what is going on elsewhere.

UGA has about as easy a schedule you can have in 2022 in the SEC. As I mentioned above, when the 2022 roster rankings come out, in some order it will be 1,2,3 - UGA, Bama and Ohio State. Bet on these 3 for the final four and perhaps, add in a bounce back Clemson that still went 10-3 in 2021 and you won't be far off. Like Bama, at UGA the 4 and 5* recruits expect to wait to play. And when they return they are most often well coached-up and ready to ball. UO got a part of UGA in Lanning. It did not get Kirby Smart or the top 3 recruiting classes he has brought in year after year. And I expect the Natty game winning QB that people love to diss will be back along with an all world TE in Bowers and a better and healthier group of WRs. RBs? UGA always has a stable of RBs. Lanning left, OC Todd Monken did not.

UGA is now in re-load and not rebuild mode. Bama losses great players and coaches, year after year. Bama does not suffer and neither will UGA.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:01 PM, Jon Joseph said:

UGA is now in re-load and not rebuild mode. Bama losses great players and coaches, year after year. Bama does not suffer and neither will UGA.

Learning to get the reload down can be difficult for some coaches. 

Lastime Georgia made the national title game they needed a rebuild... Though very minor compared to what most programs call a rebuild. They didn't bounce right back into the playoff right away. 

The only two teams to consistently rebuild without much if a blip is Alabama and Clemson... And last year Clemson had a few struggles.

Georgia will certainly have the raw talent, but will they be able to put it all together?