Charles Fischer

The Brand is Changing for Oregon Football and FishDuck!

This will be the first FishDuck article linked from here, with so many years ahead of us...  You may read the article right here and we can discuss in this thread; the beginning of quite a new era...

Mr. FishDuck

Charles, Oregon's brand is indeed changing, and bringing back to back conference championships with it. But the brand that is really changing is the Forum you have created, both at the original FishDuck, our Mac Court, and our palatial new arena, OBD.

There is NO other site with the close to the activity, matched with civility, anywhere. I check out some other Duck-centric sites, and find arguing, name calling, redundant posts running rampant, and some days, under 10 posts total. But not here. At FishDuck, the flock is strong, and active.

This of all years we have needed that Ducks more than ever to distract us, and not only that, but because of the quality of the discussions had at FishDuck, we have all made new friends. It's, "Cheers", where everyone knows your name, and new folks, who peered through the window, are greeted graciously when they walk in.

Now, we've got a Bowl game to win, both basketball teams are off to great starts, as the Ducks look to continue their domination. Soon the softball season will start, and Lombardi's Ladies will look to get back to the championship, and baseball has a new look. 

What a great time to be a Duck!

I am enjoying the direction the Oregon Brand is taking.  Too many disappointing losses on the national stage due to being built lean for speed.  I appreciate the foundational elements that MC is insisting on, while still implementing speed and talent to compliment.  If we want to beat the national power houses consistently, we will need to do what they do, but better!  I feel that is the direction we're heading, and I am excited about the continuing evolution of Oregon Football!

I am also enjoying the direction of this new Forum!  I remember being drawn to the original FishDuck site years ago because of the welcoming atmosphere and civil discourse.  I did indeed find it a refuge from all the angst found on other sites and forums.  There is enough of that in our real lives, and I for one appreciate the opportunity to step aside from that stuff and relax and talk Ducks. 

Go Ducks!!