30Duck

Cal 78 Oregon 64

Jay Bilas likes the Ducks.  

image.jpeg.92b9f917e50009c2e46ca49ac2a6b56a.jpeg

We saw them early in the season in the Maui Invitational and wondered, how are they going to win a game. Now, it's are they going to lose a game? It's Dana Altman. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ducks playing with a lot of energy, love how Harmon took the ball hard to the basket, and made his and 1 free throw!

And so, a 19-0 run for the Bears, Ducks haven't scored for about 7 minutes. 

Just wow. Cal is on a brutal 19-2 run. Not want we want to see in this game.

24-2 run. The Ducks look lost

NIT bound at this rate.

Ducks look like the half ended 2 seconds early, Cal player takes the ball in for a dunk, 38-22, Cal at halftime. 

Don't we have a 5 star recruit in town this weekend? He has to be narrowing his list of schools by at least one after today!

Oh.

My.

GAWD!!

😬

As Young has gone, so have the Ducks(and Harmon, last game).

So…..let’s go, Jacob!!!!

1 of 13 from beyond the arc...................take the ball to the rim!

The Ducks effort resembled the number of hairs on Jay Bilas' dome.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:54 PM, ICamel said:

.take the ball to the rim!

Exactly, just like Harmon did before the 8 minutes drought of 0 points. Go to the basket, stop the one on one.

Cal is owning the paint and Richardson can't find the bucket to save his life.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 2:16 PM, Badwater said:

Richardson can't find the bucket to save his life.

Unfortunately, not only him, Oregon is shooting 28. 2%, 6.3% on 3's. 

• Thumbs Up 2

For this game, Oregon had momentum, lead at 11, then Cal hits a wide open 3. 

There are losses, and then there are ugly losses. Unfortunately, this will be the latter.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Oregon finally got a win in Colorado, and Cal was close to that at Oregon. 

Dismal performance for the Ducks. Richardson was a liability, especially in the first half. He ended up with 20 something points, but stats are misleading.

Richardson’s sporadic play, which included bad shots, careless passes, and woeful free throw shooting, doomed the Ducks in the first half (when Cal took control after falling behind early) putting them in a deep hole with no shovel.

Oregon was throwing up one brick after another from the arc, which prevented the Ducks from making a sustained run, until late when it was TOO late.

And Oregon’s big men were a non-factor. Neither Nfale or Franck have any offensive game. Neither can shoot and both seem to have trouble holding onto the ball.

We’ve got 5-star recruit in 7-foot Nate Bittle, a top ten player coming out of high school, who can shoot from 20 feet and in, riding the pine the entire game when the Ducks clearly needed a spark. Maybe he wouldn’t have done anything, but why not mix things up?

I am a Cal guy, went to Cal, in fact grew up with the Bears and started selling programs at Memorial Stadium when I was 8 years old. But I’ve been an avid Oregon fan since I moving to Ashland decades ago. So when Cal plays Oregon, I root for the team that has the most to gain. In other words, I root for Oregon most of the time. I rooted for the Ducks today, and frankly was shocked, not only with their performance but with their effort. Cal played like a team that just wanted it more.

I am a huge Altman fan. In my mind he’s the best coach in the Pac-12. I think the next game we’ll see a different team. He will not settle another fiasco like today’s.

• Thumbs Up 1