Charles Fischer

Vaccinations No Longer Required For UO Outdoor Athletics Events

(From Oregon Athletics Press Release)

Thank you for your support of Oregon Athletics, and thank you so much for your patience and understanding as the University works with local and state health authorities to ensure the safest environment possible for our home athletic events this year. The health and safety of our fans, student-athletes, and staff is always our top priority, and the safety protocols in place are as directed by local public health authorities as well as the University of Oregon Incident Management Team.

As of Friday, Feb. 25, there will no longer be a requirement for fans attending outdoor University of Oregon athletics events to provide either proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID test.

This is for outdoor events only. Fans attending UO indoor athletics events will still be required to provide proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 test. This protocol will continue to be evaluated on a weekly basis in consultation with — and with direction from — local public health authorities and the UO Incident Management Team.

Click Here are the updated safety protocols in place for UO events.

We appreciate your commitment to prioritizing safety in our venues, and we are grateful for all of your support of our Oregon student-athletes. Go Ducks!

New PK Park Logo Features Personal Touches

Mr. FishDuck

It was announced today that Governor Kate Brown of Oregon is lifting the indoor mask mandate on March 19th within the state.  I assume this will apply to indoor UO athletic events, but by then...there may not be any.

Mr. FishDuck

Time for a moment of pause for those families and friends who were impacted, and hope for the future!

On 2/25/2022 at 12:22 PM, Haywarduck said:

Time for a moment of pause for those families and friends who were impacted, and hope for the future!

It is hard for me to deal with all the people still dying from Omicron, as I run into this often and even with those who have been vaccinated and boosted.  Happened again yesterday, as a friend had a couple of people in his circle that had died from the disease.  So yes....a moment for all of them.

And no....this is not a political statement or post and I do not want to see any political commentary from either side.  We all can agree that the losses to our family, friends and greater community are tragic.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck