OC Duck

Defensive Line Tackles

I rewatched the USC highlights and noticed some interesting things about out DT rotation. I loveJordon Scott and the dedication he has to the Ducks. He is such a great young man. It looked like to me that Kristian Williams and Brandon Dorius are wrecking Balls. They were destroying USC’s offensive line. They are so athletic and I think they should play even more. Almost every play that Kayvon was chasing down Slovis these two were also back there. It was crazy watching them jay push back the offensive line like they were not even there. I think I would like to see more of them going forward. What do you think?

Dorlus was a revelation in the SC game. It wasn't only him of course, the whole DL had been M I A all season. But they all found their game against the Trojans. Whether they were instrumental in holding The Trojans to 38 yards on the ground, or pressuring Slovis, it was a sight to behold.

KT got the big stats, and well deserved, but the DL really works like it did in that game when all the guys are getting it done; rotation without any dropoff in effectiveness is what the Ducks had against USC, and what they will really need against Iowa State's Breece Hall, the leading rusher in the country. Of course the Ducks have handled that guy before when they played Wisconsin. 

Dorlus means a rotation guy to give KT a break, that doesn't bring a huge drop-off in quality from that position. 

Depth.  Fresh bodies.  That's how Aliotti was successful with recruits that weren't,  overall, nearly as highly rated as what we are getting now.  Combine the 2 for the type of thing Clemson and Bama have...

The defensive line did a great job by putting pressure all along the line and that gave KT more one-on-one matchups... Which is freqnelty won. 

It is a great representation of how a whole unit needs to function in tandum in order to spring a star player free... Who in turn redirects attention from the rest of the unit and everyone feasts. 

It also sounds like KT has really stepped up as a leader over the past month. Something that Scott wasn't providing it would seem.