FishDuck Article

Kayvon Thibodeaux Cannot Fall in the 2022 NFL Draft

Narratives are manufactured to orchestrate reaches and steals in the NFL Draft every offseason. Whether that result be intentional or not, the associated narratives often hold little validity. Here’s what people are saying about Kayvon Thibodeaux, one of Our Beloved Ducks’ best and brightest. Thibodeaux’s “Character Issues” This is the most dumbfounding narrative to me. Since he has interests outside of football, ...

Source

Read the full article here...

• Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Not breaking any news here, but the farther KT falls in the draft the better for his career. Let Jacksonville make somebody else a misbegotten No.1, and Detroit has done enough damage to Ducks, they can have Hutchinson from Michigan, The Giants have two picks, 5 and 7, KT would like the Big Apple, and tbe Giants could be competitive next season. 

Of course, maybe the WORD is out on KT so strong that he falls completely out of the top 10 and finds himself on a good team. 

Thanks Alex. I agree, 'much ado about nothing.'

Edge rushers are a much needed commodity in today's NFL. If KT had issues, I believe said issues were with the HC and not KT taking plays off.  In both Utah games he was most often double teamed and sometimes, triple teamed. Popo and Dorlus are good DL guys but did not help out with any kind of push up the middle vs the Utes.

It could be argued that by the Utah game all Ducks knew that Mario was bolting and for this and perhaps a number of other reasons, were not inspired to ball out?

Of course KT did not play vs OK. But what did we see vs the Sooners after being down 3-30 at halftime. In the 2nd half of the Alamo Bowl the entire team for some reason was unleashed and played a terrific half of football. Athletes were allowed to be athletic.

Mario's 'small ball' not only wore down the fans, IMO it wore down the players.

I completely agree a player can be made or broken by the team, position one is drafted at. When a defensive end is surrounded by mediocre talent he can be silenced by double teams, and TE's, taking a crack at him as they release off the line. This can also shorten a career which I think we have seen with many players who get injured.  When a DE, or really just about any position player has talent around him the one on one opens him up to creating the statistics he will be measured by and the super bowl wins. 

So if he is taken high on the draft board the pundits may be proven right by his mediocre statistics on a poor team. If he is drafted lower and has support he may look like a steal. In the end I hope he is taken lower in the draft so he can show what he can do. The quandary of the draft process. Do you want to be drafted early for a little extra short term cash, the short term notoriety, or drop, and be put in a place where you can excel as a pro? I will answer that by saying you certainly never want to get drafted by the Lions.

Look at Matthew Stafford, a very good qb who could have been just another good qb. Fortunately he was traded and is now on his way to be considered one of the greats. At least he has more than all the records for a losing team and one fill in pro bowl appearance. The curse of being a top draft pick!

• Thumbs Up 2