30Duck

MBB: Buffs Knock Out the Ducks 80-69

Altman: "I haven't done a very good job."

10962483.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Dana Altman is often considered to be one of the nation's very best college basketball coaches roaming the sidelines. It's tough to...

C'mon baby....just one more win to 20 wins!  With his scoring and ELEVEN assists yesterday....Jacob Young can play the point pretty darn good!  He can penetrate and hit the three...

Jacob Young Pac-12 Tournament First Round

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The current line is Oregon -1.

No.9 Stanford hanging with No.1 Arizona, Wildcats lead 65-63 2ith 7:40 left in regulation,

• Thumbs Up 1

Arizona up by 3 with 32.2 left, Don MacLean: "If Arizona scores anymore, it will be harder for Stanford to win the game.". 

• Haha 1

A 3 gives Oregon its biggest lead of the game, 13-9, 12:39 in the first half. 

Good energy for the Ducks so far, leading in rebounds, 16-12. 

Buff gets an uncontested dunk, go up 3, time out Oregon, Buffs on a 12-0 run. 

Oregon misses 12-13 shots to end the first half, 36-30 Colorado. 

Where is Harmon and Young?  Need those guys to step up and attack the rim.  Dante needs to be more aggressive and take more shots.  The ball movement has to be better.  Ducks are forcing up too many shots.  Williams should go back to what was working yesterday and hit those mid-range shots.

Altman continues to be reluctant to burn his timeouts.  The Ducks were at the time up 6 pts and now the Ducks trail by 6 pts.  The Buffs made a 12-0 run.  Altman did nothing to disrupt the flow and only called a timeout after the Ducks were down 3 pts.  I wish he would stop thinking with the mindset to save his timeouts for the end, in case the Ducks need them and make adjustments as needed.  That's playing not to lose.  That is not playing to win. 

Ducks 2-14 on 3's. 

2 of 14 on 3's, but the Ducks have made 5 of their last 7 shots. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, 30Duck said:

Guerrier has been the Ducks' rock the last two games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you notice the ref blew his whistle prematurely before Williams committed that charge? 

On 3/10/2022 at 4:21 PM, DuckIt said:

Did you notice the ref blew his whistle prematurely before Williams committed that charge? 

Yep, pre-determined what he was going to call. 

Two offensive fouls in a row on Oregon. 

They need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get this win.  Stanford did it yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/10/2022 at 9:29 AM, 30Duck said:

Altman: "I haven't done a very good job."

10962483.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Dana Altman is often considered to be one of the nation's very best college basketball coaches roaming the sidelines. It's tough to...

Honestly I feel really sorry for Coach that these players couldn't come together and play like he wanted them to. Altman is a great HC and look at the talent alone for just next years class and more than likely 3 Five star players who are all at the top at their respective positions. I'm thinking though he really misses his Assistant from the year before who led them in defensive team play. So something is quite wrong with this current roster in playing team ball and certainly doesn't help that Richardson wasn't available. Still no excuses for the players. SAD. Kind of feels like the Football season as in a huge let down. This wasn't on Altman though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Guerrier had another solid performance.  Soares contributed 8 pts for back-to-back games.  Dante and Harmon combined to score 6 pts.  That's just not good enough to win games.  Dante needs to stay out of foul trouble. 

It is still unknown if the Ducks will compete in the NIT.  If this was it, this has been a disappointing finish to a disappointing year.

I agree this isn't Altman's fault. Except everybody knows he's a basketball wizard. Which means he knows he's a basketball wizard. This particular magic spell blew up instead of producing a winner. Hey, it happens. I still think he's one of the best wizards in the business.

I suppose since ESPN2 is one of the few channels I watch on the ol' satellite tv, should they accept an NIT bid I'll be watching. I just don't see what a couple more games would do for this group of players. 

If I ever see Franck Kepnang dribbling ten feet away from the rim with his back to it again I'm going to shoot my television. 

But I like Franck. And Dante. With the right players feeding them the ball I think their play would totally change and be more effective. I don't think Franck wanted to be dribbling the ball out in open space. But that's the kind of position he and Dante were put in all season by the other players that decided to take things one-on-one and try to drive to the hoop through three defensive players only to dish it off at the last second to an unsuspecting big man in a bad spot.

There should be a decent exodus of players soon I hope to make room for the future players that are highly regarded and moldable by the wizard.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2022 at 5:29 PM, ICamel said:

Oregon scored an average of 73 points per game. In the first half of conference play they averaged 76 points, but dropped to an average of 68 in the last half of conference games.

69 points = back to below average scoring💩

Everything that made the MBB team exciting and frustrating was on full display in the game vs CU. We are what we are this season. NIT is 99% likely. And that’s OK. You have to be realistic. This team has potential, but after a full season of games, you see what they are and are not. We’ve had a good run under Altman.. And will again. 

Edited by SeattleDuck92