30Duck

Will He or Won't He? Richardson Uncertain for NIT

When's he's played well, 2 time Pac-12 Player of the Week, the Ducks won.

HRUFZCOLQBENPBBAVR5ROZCQ6Q.jpeg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Oregon is unsure of the status of its leading scorer, two other players missed practice on Sunday, and even the Ducks' travel...

Who cares?  Richardson adds nothing.  He is a looooong way from his brief two week player of the week form.   Let the remaining team play with abandon……as……what do they have to lose?  Let it all out!  I expect a great game from Jacob Young, Dante, and Guerrier!

• Thumbs Up 1

If he plays even just reasonably well he adds a lot. I’m not sure what his recent disappearing act is all about. I sense, without any confirmation, that there is something more involved than an “illness.”

The Ducks have no true point guard without him. Young pushes it too much and is often out of control, and Harmon’s sporadic shooting is a liability. 

Without Richardson there is no steadying  hand on the floor. The Ducks miss that….a lot.

• Thumbs Up 2

For what it’s worth…

An acquaintance runs an odds and scoring simulation service that is reliable. 

They have Will playing.

But Ducks still losing and Utah St covering.

I'm thinking this is another game that comes down to which team is more excited about playing it. In this case I'd say that team is Utah State. There have been too many games this season that Oregon just appeared to be disinterested. If anything should get them going it should be NOT wanting to be the team that snaps Altman's 20 wiins streak. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:41 PM, DUCKED said:

If he plays even just reasonably well he adds a lot. I’m not sure what his recent disappearing act is all about. I sense, without any confirmation, that there is something more involved than an “illness.”

I suspect the same, D.I…………

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/14/2022 at 9:00 PM, Duckdude said:

I suspect the same, D.I…………

What are you saying?  Just spit it out.

No doubt Utah State is not a bad team - they've beaten some good teams this year (Oklahoma, Richmond, San Diego St.).  But it looks like they also had trouble closing out the season strong.  For some reason, the Ducks seem to play better on the road this year anyway.  I foresee a fun but close game with us coming out on top.

In fact, if the basketball gods grant it, I may enjoy my Ducks being in the NIT more than if they had made the NCAA's.  I live on the East Coast and will pay whatever it costs to see them live in the semi's and the final at Madison Square Garden in late March.  Hell, if I'm gonna make a wish, I have us meeting VCU in the quarterfinals and I'll drive down to Richmond, VA to see that game.  A lot's got to happen first though.  One game at a time, let's get Will back healthy and take care of the Aggies later tonight!

Will and Dante apparently did not travel