Just Ducky

Something to Ponder: If Johnny Football and Marcus Would Have Both Gone to Oregon--WHO Starts?

Both MM and JM were verbally committed  to Oregon but who knows how serious JM was at the time.

Once Manziel began his misbehaving....it would have made it easy on the coaches to sit him.  Then he would have transferred out....

Marcus Mariota and Royce Freeman_Craig Strobeck.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Marcus v Johnny Football. Yikes! Character issues are just the start. You couldn't have test tube designed a better fit for the Chip Kelly/Mark Helfrich offense than MM. Who would have been the better ambassador of the Oregon brand? No contest there. Would Manziel have played better than MM and guided Oregon to the National Championship in 2014-2015? I don't think so. 

Ditto if Tua had been recruited by Oregon. He wanted to come here. So Justin v Tua? Tua is certainly a much higher caliber person than Manziel for sure, but you put JH on that Alabama championship team and I argue he wins it all too. How would Tua have done with three different head coaches and OCs, and the three yards and a cloud of dust mentality of the MC era? We have been blessed with two high caliber QBs that are also great people.  Makes me proud to be an Oregon fan.

• Thumbs Up 2

I suppose the question should also be asked who would have started at Texas A&M and won the heisman with Mike Evans as a receiver? Johnny wasn't all that great without Evans.

• Thumbs Up 1