ICamel

What Coach Wasikowski Said

After the sweep of his baseball team at UCLA.

I liked what he had to say. Bear in mind, I think losing 3 1 run games hurts a lot more than getting blown out of would have. That series showed that the Ducks aren't there yet. But it sounds like the Ducks will learn from what happened against the Bruins and get back on track. 

It is what he said to his assistant coaches that would interesting to hear....as he pointed to the Bruins and said, "THAT is where I want our pitching to be in the future."  He is coaching hitting superbly, and once he gets pitchers here like that--look out!

For now, I think the pitchers we have are coached up wonderfully, and are competing so close...but in the end the UCLA pitchers did not blink and Oregon's did.

We are on the right path at Oregon...better days and lots of wins ahead of us!

Mr. FishDuck

Hard to pick losses like that apart. Last week I mentioned baseball is a game of inches and it’s never more true in games like those. Hopefully things will change and we can catch a couple breaks to win these close ones.

I love the fact that a butterfly will never fly unless they struggle out of the cocoon, nor a duck who doesn't struggle out of it's shell. Too often we want  to guard our young from the hardships. The difficulties are what makes a player, team great. Hopefully these struggles will allow this team to fly later in the season. Seems we have the coach to guide them through this endevour.