Haywarduck

Men's Basketball Acquires Colorado Starting Guard

I just wish his stats were 11 assists per game not 2.4, this team is going to need more than one ball on the court to function, at least until they start listening to Dana.

keeshawn-barthelemy-.jpg
NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

The Oregon Ducks men's basketball program added some much-needed depth to its backcourt. On Monday, Colorado Buffaloes transfer and third-year sophomore

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, that's interesting.  I remember in one of the Colorado games last year, Barthelemy was killing us with his quickness and outside shooting.  Good to know that we can raid some other Pac 12 teams too.

Not a bad move considering how he lit Oregon up during that home loss to Colorado last season. He appears to be comfortable at MKA. Could fill some of the minutes Jacob Young had. 

If we can also get Emoni Bates, like I'm hearing some whispers about, now we're talking!

On 4/18/2022 at 6:05 PM, Graziani93 said:

If we can also get Emoni Bates, like I'm hearing some whispers about, now we're talking!

Are we really going after Bates? We have 13 right now, so if so, that means someone else is leaving.  

This one kind of surprised me. This kid played a lot of minutes for the Buffs as a freshman. I consider Tad Boyle as one of the league's best coaches, although not one of the best recruiters.

So, I wonder what motivated the change...especially with Harmon returning, Richardson undecided, Dior Johnson coming in, and guys like Tyrone Williams, Rivaldo Soares, and Brennan Rigsby all competing for minutes at guard. 

Could be a team with great depth that can come at teams in waves, or it could be a team with a small rotation of players Dana considers reliable with some discontented guys not getting much playing time.