30Duck

Pitt, Slovis Take Shots at Addison?

1ks.png?w=640
BROBIBLE.COM

Getty Image The top receiver in college football from 2021 is expected to transfer to USC for a big NIL package. As Jordan...

Oregon just got a running back from Minnesota in the Transfer Portal, they've got some others too. Lots of teams have gotten and lost players in the Portal. USC has gottten15 so far, including some guy from Oregon, and pretty much had a parade for every one of them. Addison isn't even a Trojan yet, but he's big news. I like how Oregon is Just Doing It. 

I imagine Slovis would like a shot at the rumored $2M NIL money?

Caleb Williams and Addison are from the DC area and are good friends. I think one reason Addison entered the portal on Saturday is because Slovis has not been all that to date in practice and in the spring game. QB Pickett is off to the Steelers and there may not be top drawer QB remaining at Pitt including Slovis.

So Addison gets paid and has a better QB at SC throwing him the ball in a QB friendly system. Makes NIL and NFL business sense to me.

Recall that Slovis lost his starting job to Dart who is now at Ole Miss. The is still a starting QB battle going on at Ole Miss. Dart has not seized the job.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:50 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Makes NIL and NFL business sense to me.

Absolutely.  Plus, the NFL has rules that have to be followed.

• Thumbs Up 1