Haywarduck

Transfer needs

If you could pick up an elite transfer at one position which would it be? For me some programs have stockpiled the big ugly's, DT's, and it would be interesting to see us pick up an O-line wrecker. We have some talent, but it would be nice to see a little more competition at this position.

We need to effectively use the TE's we have first, right? We also have quite a few on the roster and two 4* recruits signed, adding to the total.

We don't have any DT's on our recruit list, nor coming on. A dominant DT is a destructive force. With the LB's and Thibs the defense would be even more formidable with a DT transfer, IMHO. If I was a DT sitting behind a few guys, at say LSU, and saw the opportunity at Oregon, it would be of interest.

I will say DT forever and ever. I will never forget what Nick Fairley did against Our Beloved Ducks in the championship against Auburn. I can't think of a player be more singularly responsible for beating the Ducks than was Fairley.

Give the Ducks some of those. Get KT a DT to join him on the line and we will see the kind of D that Mario, and we are dreaming of. 

I would also take J.T. Tuimoloau as a surprise gift, but a team like LSU has too many DT's and the top DT in the nation coming in. I agree the D we dream of includes a dominant DT.

12 hours ago, Haywarduck said:

I would also take J.T. Tuimoloau as a surprise gift, but a team like LSU has too many DT's and the top DT in the nation coming in. I agree the D we dream of includes a dominant DT.

Definately could use JTT. KT really only had one year left... Unless convinced to stay for his senior year which would be incredible and incredibly unlikely. 

But need some defensive linemen. We have a couple youngsters that are putting it all together but the defensive line is always a tough place to ensure there is enough depth. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Joseph said:

BTW, what penalty do you think LSU will get for a fully documented pay for play scheme, with a topping of sexual misconduct incidents? 

Let's see. A $1000. 00 fine, and they have to promise never to do it again?