Charles Fischer

Canzano: Pac-12 in Pursuit of National Championships... Without USC Baseball

I think he completely nails it; the administration makes you or breaks you.  You can have good hires as Mullens has done, or you can have hires such as USC, Washington and Oregon State for so many years.

Many here hate Canzano, and I used to as well.  He intentionally stirs the pot on occasion, but most do not remember all the positive articles in general and those about Oregon.  I relate to it because I write opinion articles as well, and on other sites...they only remember the negative ones articles I've written, and not the positive ones, of which are the majority.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

What's up with the fall of the Trojans?

Mr. FishDuck

I think OLive had him pigeon holed into only writing about stories within the State of Oregon.  Unfortunately Oregon was overwhelmingly the target of these stories more often than not.  Now that he is out from under their umbrella, he is free to pursue a wider region for stories.  So it makes it appear he may not be such an Oregon hater, even if it's only due to the increase in targets.

In fairness, some of his hit pieces on Oregon over the years were because some players had F ups that made the National news cycle.