Tandaian

All-Bang-the-Drum Team for Pac-12

We all have those players we swear by. Sometimes your defense of the player goes beyond all reasonable and logical justification, but you believe he’s just one healthy season away or one “right situation” away from hitting his true potential. 

USATSI_16972505_168381178_lowres-1200x62
SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

One player from each Pac-12 team whose bandwagon we're leading.

I'd have to say my "Bang the Drum" guy is Justin Flowe. We 'feel like' we have lightning in a bottle and he looked phenomenal for the one game we saw him in, but we need a fully healthy season to see if it was a fluke or the real deal.

The other player I'm dying to see is Tetairoa McMillan down in Arizona. I LOVE our WR room now, but I really wanted to see him as a Duck and not a Wildcat...

I think your selection and the one from the article are super, as they both could be huge.

But considering how young the WR room is…Chase Cota could be THE clutch player needed on the big 3rd and 8 plays.

I was completely impressed and blown away by his spring game performance. Even if he is not open, he shows the ability to come down with the catch regardless.

With the loss of Verdell and Dye—coupled with a new quarterback, this is the guy who could make it all happen in the early part of the season while the rest of the receiver room becomes accustomed to the bright lights.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I could list:

Cam Mccormick, Patrick Herbert, Steven Jones (Mari was always raving about him), Sean Dollars, Steve Stephens, the kicker (any of them)...

But DJ is a great pick 

On 6/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

But considering how young the WR room is…Chase Cota could be THE clutch player needed on the big 3rd and 8 plays.

I was completely impressed and blown away by his spring game performance. Even if he is not open, he shows the ability to come down with the catch regardless.

Completely agree

I was totally luke-warm on his transfer, but after watching the Spring Game, I'm sold.

He's Maehl 2.0 and will lead this offense 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/9/2022 at 9:56 AM, shawnski said:

I was totally luke-warm on his transfer,

Well, you were higher on him than I was when the transfer was announced.  I really thought it was a waste of a scholarship, and it goes to show how wrong I can be at times!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I think your selection and the one from the article are super, as they both could be huge.

With the loss of Verdell and Dye—coupled with a new quarterback, this is the guy who could make it all happen in the early part of the season while the rest of the receiver room becomes accustomed to the bright lights.

I'm also in agreement about Cota.  He showed in the Spring game that his career at UCLA is not reflective of his actual talent, it feels like he just wasn't a good fit for their offense or just wasn't utilized properly.  He'll be very interesting to watch under Dillingham's playcalling!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going with DJ. If DL believes he can be one of the best in the country, I guess I will too.

My second choice is Chase Cota. I like the nickname Maehl 2.0

• Thumbs Up 1

the Bo Show is going to bang the drum on the west coast. USC have some talent but Nix is going to take the ducks to the next level.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1