Charles Fischer

Sure Enough... There is Humor in Our Disaster

C'mon....we still gotta have some fun...

Mr. FishDuck

I would just like to mention that Oregon played Ohio State at 9am PST and won. 

So it can be done. Not sure I'd be thrilled by the idea of having to wake up for a 9am kick off.... But I have a child now so I have a feeling I'll be awake anyways. 

So if Oregon makes the move, I think we'll be just fine. 

But for those so cal fans... Snow may look like sand but you really shouldn't wear your flip flops. 

Guest Axel

The athletic director of the University of Snakes & Cretins is a creep who goes by the name of Mike Bohn. He stated that the Big Ten is “the best home” for US&C, its student athletes, and its fans.

This “homeyness” will be put to the test in January and February when US&C treks far across the continent for basketball games in glacial, below-zero hellholes like Minnesota, Michigan, and Penn State.

No more quick jaunts to Tempe and Tucson. Bohn is sending his prized athletes on white-knuckle, bumpy plane rides, for hours upon hours to ice-cold Iowa, frigid Indiana, and cold and filthy New Jersey.

And what about other sports like gymnastics and baseball and softball and volleyball? US&C athletes will suffer frequent jet lag, battered biorhythms, necessary but nettlesome refueling stops, and all the other annoyances of exhaustive travel. Rather than sounding homey, this new conference affiliation has all the hallmarks of a house of horrors.

Will AD Bohn be accompanying the US&C student athletes on these miserable road trips to dreadful locales like College Park, Maryland and State College, Pennsylvania? LOL. Would you? The only thing happy about Happy Valley is that you don't live there.

The athletic director may be an idiot when picking a new home for his student-athlete family, but he’s not stupid. This new conference deal will have money pouring into US&C just like the sweat pouring off the brows of Trojan athletes when they fly through their first blizzard.

And why should AD Bohn risk his scrawny neck on one of those frightening eastbound wintry flights of which there will be many? So much easier to talk in lofty platitudes about his student athletes’ new home, while lazing in his sunny California office counting all those deceitful dollars rolling in.