BlazerDuck

How Many Top 100 Players Will Oregon Land?

5* players are amazing to have and I hope Oregon lands as many as possible each year.   

I feel the true measure of a recruiting class is how many top 100 players a team lands. 

I would rather have 5-10 top 100 players than 2... 5* players and all other recruits in the 300+ range.

With that being said, how many top 100 players do you think Oregon land in this recruiting cycle?

It looks like we have 3 Top 100 players so far in this class.  Last year just 1 Josh Connerly.  I think we will finish with 5 Top 100 players in this class.  That maybe slightly conservative but it would still be 4 more than last year.  Not bad considering the staff didn't have a full year to recruit this class.  

My criteria is how many 4 & 5-Star players out of the class we have, and I've written many articles about it over the years.  I am not as sold on Top 100 due to the wide variance of player personalities, work ethic, coaching received, etc.  But if you have the 4 & 5-Star players....the percentages of great talent work out in your direction.

I believe you need a minimum of eight of these coveted players to have a "good class" and a dozen will put you in or close to the Top 10 of which is a GREAT class.  My MO anyway...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

This type of recruiting is exciting. It wasnt that long ago that the Ducks were hoping to get recruits insise the espn 300.

Now we are actively recruiting top 100 players.

I agree with Charles that its important to load the class with 4 and 5 stars. Ones that fit your schemes and are teachable.

But those 5 stars are sure enticing.

• Thumbs Up 1