Smith72

A Life Worth Celebrating For Overcoming the Odds

Rest in peace brother!  God bless!

00003740859431-0987.jpg
PAMPLINMEDIA.COM

COLUMN: Getting to Oregon football was a large accomplishment in itself for Webb who was given little early on

• Great post! 2

Very nice article.  So many negatives in a young mans life.  To be blessed by enough positives to change the direction.  Blessed.  Tragic.  Never Give Up.  Another Duck.

• Salute 1

I haven't said much on here about Webb's death. I think the most I said was "Dammit" and "Well done Mr. Webb". His death was tragic, his story is one of hope and inspiration. 

For every Spencer Webb out there, there's a thousand Colt Lyerla's. Also another great Duck TE. Also another tragedy. I sit here wondering which is more tragic. Both are sad for different reasons.

Although Webb's story is short, it has tremendous power to touch people's lives. His story is one, if told, can change the trajectory of another trying to navigate out of troubled youth and broken home life. If it's only one that's enough IMO.

His death is sad to me because he was so young. His life, on the other hand, makes tears well up for different reasons. They taste a little sweeter. It's why I simply posted "Well done Mr. Webb".

I have to take others at their word when talking about  Mr. Webb. I never met the man. Story is he rose above his station and pulled others up with him. He slayed the dragons yoked to him at a young age. Very difficult to do but very relatable to many of us.

My hope is that one day someone will write the story of Colt overcoming tremendous odds. That he too will rise above his station, slay his dragons and lift others up.

So again, Well done Mr. Webb. Your story made my life a little better. You lifted those around you. You were of service to others and you left us a little better than you found us. 

Rest in peace young man, thank you!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:35 AM, Log Haulin said:

I haven't said much on here about Webb's death. I think the most I said was "Dammit" and "Well done Mr. Webb". His death was tragic, his story is one of hope and inspiration. 

For every Spencer Webb out there, there's a thousand Colt Lyerla's. Also another great Duck TE. Also another tragedy. I sit here wondering which is more tragic. Both are sad for different reasons.

Although Webb's story is short, it has tremendous power to touch people's lives. His story is one, if told, can change the trajectory of another trying to navigate out of troubled youth and broken home life. If it's only one that's enough IMO.

His death is sad to me because he was so young. His life, on the other hand, makes tears well up for different reasons. They taste a little sweeter. It's why I simply posted "Well done Mr. Webb".

I have to take others at their word when talking about  Mr. Webb. I never met the man. Story is he rose above his station and pulled others up with him. He slayed the dragons yoked to him at a young age. Very difficult to do but very relatable to many of us.

My hope is that one day someone will write the story of Colt overcoming tremendous odds. That he too will rise above his station, slay his dragons and lift others up.

So again, Well done Mr. Webb. Your story made my life a little better. You lifted those around you. You were of service to others and you left us a little better than you found us. 

Rest in peace young man, thank you!

Great take, and wonderful writing, but I would add it isn't just the story which will change lives, it is the individual who takes the time to care about a troubled youth. Like Spencer Webb, it just took his brother taking him in and giving him guidance, and love.

I am sure there were plenty of people along the way who impacted Spencer, and he impacted others, but the lesson is to really listen and care for those in you life.

I would bet Colt never had that anchor relationship, just disfunction surrounding what could have been an exceptional life. There is tragedy in both lives, but so much good was on the way for Spencer and those around him, truly sad.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2