Pennsylvania Duck

Ducks Linebacker Adrian Jackson Leaves Program

AAO6qNw.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

Linebackers will be one of many strengths of the 2022 Oregon Ducks football team. But the depth at that position took a hit...

This kid was a good blue-chip get and I'd have liked to have seen him get more burn here. 

This is the time of year we get some medical retirements; I think we are at around 83 Schollys now

I'd go get this cat right now for depth! I wonder if he is interested in playing with his little brother for his final year?

Elijah-Winston_USC-Athletics-John-McGill
FISHDUCK.COM

Ducks fans haven't forgotten the body punch feeling when USC flipped 4-star Central Catholic linebacker Eli'jah Winston the 11th hour before Late National...

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sorry to see Jackson go, but maybe playing time was going to be iffy. Picking up Winston as a transfer would be a lateral or slight net negative move, IMO. Seems like the LB room is pretty stacked with Funa, a healthy Flowe and Bassa stays at LB and LaDuke, Flowe 2.0, Brown and the entering freshmen develop.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree its lateral move at best. 

Funa plays the OLB on the edge, a spot Winston can play too.

Inside backers are:

Flowe- Bassa

Sewell- LaDuke- Brown

With the injuries we had last year at the inside backer I'd like to grab Winston since it seems we have a spot. We were playing the senior walk-on Nate Heulakianu last year for way too many snaps, and it KILLED us. 

We don't want to have to play Devon Jackson or Harrison Taggart this year in any prime time.

We have a ton of DL depth, DB depth and Winston gives us extra inside depth and OLB/edge depth behind Swinson.

I dread us getting thin at LB this year from injuries again, a one-year rental if we are under the Scholly makes sense to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2022 at 1:38 PM, DazeNconfused said:

We don't want to have to play Devon Jackson or Harrison Taggart this year in any prime time.

I thought Taggart was impressive in the Spring Game, so his PT may have been dropping 

On 7/26/2022 at 4:59 PM, shawnski said:

I thought Taggart was impressive in the Spring Game, so his PT may have been dropping 

Taggart had some moments in the spring game, but you can't put too much stock in the spring because it's not always the 1st team O-line going. 

Taggart and Jackson are 200-pound kids, they aren't ready for primetime power 5 football at inside backer. They need to put on some size and learn the college game.

Jackson bulked up to 230-pounds in his career and there is no way Taggart was taking playing time from him. 

We are going to have to wait and see why he left, but it could be a lot of reasons.

He was stuck behind guys and didn't play a ton last year, he's in like his 6th year. He wasn't a draft prospect; he could have decided to move on in life? Maybe the love for the game wasn't worth the return for the risk of injury and effort? Maybe he is a medical retirement? Maybe he is going to transfer? 

I remember the day Jackson committed back in 2018 and talking with my Duck buds what a good get it was. He was the #1 player in Colorado and rated pretty high. I thought we would see more of him on the stand-up speed rush and pass coverage, but his snaps were always limited.

I wish the kid the best, he will always be a Duck.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Thumbs Up 2