Pennsylvania Duck

Is NIL Good for College Football...Video with Interesting Info

Listen to what Miami offered Rashada. Could they be doing same with Dickey?

519670.jpg
WWW.MSN.COM

Is NIL Good For College Football?

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck
  • Thanks 1

I just thought of a twist on NIL. It will weed out the kids who pick a college because of the money, then become satisfied and underperform from the hungry players with more motivation to learn and get better.

For the most part just like in the pros. How many times have you seen a player get his big payoff after years of hard work only to disappear.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/31/2022 at 5:33 AM, Duck 1972 said:

I just thought of a twist on NIL. It will weed out the kids who pick a college because of the money, then become satisfied and underperform from the hungry players with more motivation to learn and get better.

And if this happens then NIL for high school recruits will lessen. Why spend multi millions on a player who might not succeed at the college level?

• Thumbs Up 1

So a kid gets paid as a high-school kid and goes to the highest bidder. After a year or two the kid will start thinking about getting into the league. Money isn't an immediate concern at that point. 

Transfer portal will get busy with the proven talent at the college level. The busts will be weeded out. Late bloomers will rise.

It will be up to Oregon to secure a staff with proven record of getting kids into the league.  The portal will settle down and the best teachers/coaches will rise. 

I think Dan Lanning will attract the best of the best in coaching. Drawing in the best of the portal and prep recruits.

College football is a coaches game. NFL is a players game. What coach will get a kid into the league will win out at the end of the day. It has always been this way, always will be.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2