Charles Fischer

New Printable Fall Roster for Heights/Weights, Etc.

You can print off the new fall player roster with Heights and Weights right here.

DJ Johnson.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you...thank you...thank you!  I will print it out immediately.  I wish the GO DUCKS website listed this info on the roster page.

Oh, that's where this came from, and I see they have now added that info. I guess I was just a bit impatient.  So, sue me.

Edited by WiseKwacker

Trust me, I was getting pretty impatient too. But because I am media credentialed, I got the email today about it and wanted to get it up there for everybody.

Mr. FishDuck

Devon Jackosn and Harrison Taggart both were listed 200lbs recruits and enrolled in the spring.

Jackson at 214 and Taggart at 216 are a pleasant surprise to me.

I figured they were awful small and would need year to grow, but they are both there with Bassa who is 212lbs. All three are smaller LB's but they will bring plus speed.

Flowe is 220lbs and they had him listed as 235 last year? hmm.. so he lost 15lbs or did they pad his weight last year????

LaDuke at 236lbs and Brown at 235lbs are backing up Sewell...  so, you can see the size between the two LB spots. 

There seems to be this cross-over zone between guys destined to be either a safety or linebacker. While both positions require thriving on contact, body weight usually relegates the lighter ones to safety, unless speed and the urge to hit (and probably slightly less interest in coverage situations) can overcome a size disadvantage.

We currently seem to  have a group of those, led by Justin. I like those guys. They’re a passionate breed.

On 8/13/2022 at 9:03 AM, Washington Waddler said:

There seems to be this cross-over zone between guys destined to be either a safety or linebacker. While both positions require thriving on contact, body weight usually relegates the lighter ones to safety, unless speed and the urge to hit (and probably slightly less interest in coverage situations) can overcome a size disadvantage.

There is a particular position in the Mint defense that Lanning uses, and this hybrid LB/Safety is called a "Money" linebacker.

More information about it all in FishDuck articles (from yours-truly) coming soon!

Mr. FishDuck