Just Ducky

Can Bo Accomplish the Mission?

Bo has scored 30 points against Georgia in 3 years with Auburn all resulting in losses.

Will he need to score more than that in one game this year to win this weekend.

Can He?

Your thoughts!

I'm not sure he will need to put up 30+ for Oregon to win.

Oregon looks to be pretty stiff on D. If the Oregon front 7 can slow down the Georgia run game, not completely stop it, it will make Georgia's passing less effective since it relies on play action.

If we need to rely on bring up a safety to stop the run, then the play action passing is opened up. 

Bo needs to be solid, with the offense coming up with three or four big plays and scoring touchdowns when in the red zone (or before getting there). 

Both teams need to limit turnovers to win. 

I'm still thinking it will be a close game. Will be hard to beat the defending national champs in their home state, but they'll know they've been in a ball game.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Assuming that Bo starts, I think he will do well as long as he gets good protection.  Big ask but Oregon’s O-line is solid and might be up to the task.  

Asking Oregon to put up 30 against a GA defense is asking a lot in their first game.  Although, I expect the Ducks D to be a strength for them.  It’s quite possible that the offense will not need to put up 30 to stay in the game, or even win it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

SoGaDawg, i agree if Bo gets protection he should do well. Unlike his situation at Auburn, Bo has multiple weapons, multiple players deep to get the job done with. Coupled with a system that suits him........

But against The Dawgs D? Not sure at this point. Not to be a downer but i watched the Georgia spring game. Remember, all 15 of the Dawgs drafted by the NFL were gone and not in the spring game. I have mentioned this before but the Dawgs D brought it play after play after play. Didnt matter if it was first, second or third string those younsters brought the pressure. Only Bennetts experience, elusiveness and pin point passing allowed the Dawgs offense to move the ball.

The Dawg fans posting on this site can support or refute what I saw in the spring game. But i fully expect the Dawgs D to bring it and Bo will need to read his keys, adjust and make plays. Can Bo do this and minimize his mistakes? History says no..........

However the Dawgs QB will have to play and execute at the same level as in the Natty. Why? Because yhis highly talented Duck D is going to bring it........... GO DUCKS.........

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 10:16 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

SoGaDawg, i agree if Bo gets protection he should do well. Unlike his situation at Auburn, Bo has multiple weapons, multiple players deep to get the job done with. Coupled with a system that suits him........

But against The Dawgs D? Not sure at this point. Not to be a downer but i watched the Georgia spring game. Remember, all 15 of the Dawgs drafted by the NFL were gone and not in the spring game. I have mentioned this before but the Dawgs D brought it play after play after play. Didnt matter if it was first, second or third string those younsters brought the pressure. Only Bennetts experience, elusiveness and pin point passing allowed the Dawgs offense to move the ball.

The Dawg fans posting on this site can support or refute what I saw in the spring game. But i fully expect the Dawgs D to bring it and Bo will need to read his keys, adjust and make plays. Can Bo do this and minimize his mistakes? History says no..........

However the Dawgs QB will have to play and execute at the same level as in the Natty. Why? Because yhis highly talented Duck D is going to bring it........... GO DUCKS.........

I agree.  I think that if the Ducks D performs at the level that I believe they are capable, this very well could be a defensive game that could be decided by a few big plays.  

If this game does turn out to be a defensive struggle, it will likely be a close game throughout.  And while I’m very confident in GAs defense, a game that is close in the 4th quarter certainly works in Oregon’s favor.  Yes it’s possible that if this happens GAs depth might win the day.  It’s also possible that either team makes a big play late in the game to win the day.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well in the spring game, i believe Bennett drove the team down and it generated a game winning field.

There  werent many explosion plays but many third down conversions. Smash mouth, grind it out and take what the defense gave you. Smart football against a top D.

I agree, a close game late, with a quiet crowd in the stands works in the Ducks favor. IMHO, the crowd will not be quiet. Whoever is the Ducks QB will hear the noise and feel the pressure. Bo has been there before. This time he has talent around him. GO DUCKS.......

On 8/28/2022 at 11:20 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Well in the spring game, i believe Bennett drove the team down and it generated a game winning field.

There  werent many explosion plays but many third down conversions. Smash mouth, grind it out and take what the defense gave you. Smart football against a top D.

I agree, a close game late, with a quiet crowd in the stands works in the Ducks favor. IMHO, the crowd will not be quiet. Whoever is the Ducks QB will hear the noise and feel the pressure. Bo has been there before. This time he has talent around him. GO DUCKS.......

Yep, I can assure you that if this is a close game, the crowd inside Mercedes Benz stadium will be anything but quiet.  Georgia folks do love them some Dawgs football!