Duck Fan 76

Defense: Error No. 0x80070643

"The error 0x80070643 message is usually the result of system settings that were configured incorrectly... or old versions of programs that weren't removed correctly when a new version was downloaded"

So, I think we can assess from the difficulties with coverage and edge containment today that the new defensive install didn't go as well as hoped.  There were clearly some "issues" that will need to be teased apart in the film to identify where the players will need the fundamentals of the defense clarified for them.    

I think that's the least of our worries however.  My biggest concerns from the game was the poor tackling.  I mean watching it at game speed many of those missed tackles looked absolutely terrible.  I heard DL acknowledge that the tackling had to improve as well as the coaching. 

When he was asked about Bo in the 4th quarter he said he wanted to see if the offense could build a rhythm to take out of this game.  He then said "Bo's our quarterback".  I know we're gun shy from last year but I have to imagine that showing improvement against BYU in week 3 is Bo's only hope to keep the job.  We will most likely learn nothing next week but it's an opportunity to practice some fundamentals.      

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

When he was asked about Bo in the 4th quarter he said he wanted to see if the offense could build a rhythm to take out of this game.  He then said "Bo's our quarterback".  I know we're gun shy from last year but I have to imagine that showing improvement against BYU in week 3 is Bo's only hope to keep the job.  We will most likely learn nothing next week but it's an opportunity to practice some fundamentals. 

Offensive rhythm in a game setting I do feel is more important than just throwing in a different quarterback to give it a shot.

The offense really should have put up another 14 points this game but shot itself in the foot. The first major opportunity that was lost was Nix's second interception, Oregon's offense was moving the ball pretty well and was getting in rhythm and then killed dead by the interception.

Then we really should have gotten that 4th and goal at the end of the game. I feel a run play would have gotten there.

The run game really wasn't all that bad. The runningbacks often got some decent yardages against probably the best defense in the country again this year. The passing game needs a whole lot of work.

On 9/3/2022 at 11:33 PM, Duck Fan 76 said:

"The error 0x80070643 message is usually the result of system settings that were configured incorrectly... or old versions of programs that weren't removed correctly when a new version was downloaded"

So, I think we can assess from the difficulties with coverage and edge containment today that the new defensive install didn't go as well as hoped.  There were clearly some "issues" that will need to be teased apart in the film to identify where the players will need the fundamentals of the defense clarified for them.

If Fusky fans weren’t so inept, I’d suggest they deployed a ransomware attack and are holding our offense and defense hostage until PK coughs up the sum of:

1075033639_Fuskyfan.png.4e6101b53c3dc342e0b9335fd1552a12.png

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1