Autzen

Playing the Defending National Champion....

Yes, the Ducks lost, BUT would any past HC at Oregon do better than that we saw in their first game against the defending national champs? 

Remember when the Ducks played LSU (20011)? We just came off a National Championship appearance and still lost big. 

My point, I can't wait to see where this team is at the end of the season (I think that they'll be good).   

• Thumbs Up 2

Oregon walk in to the absolute perfect storm. Every advantage the Ducks would have had against any other team were turned to disadvantages by Georgia.

Lanning's super confusing mint defense? Georgia's offense has seen it everyday in practice for years run by the best D in the modern era. They could have told our own guys when they were lined up out of position.

Wonder boy Lanning himself having to go up against the very coach he learned from. You know that is only going to spell bad news.

Wonder boy II coach Dillingham and his state of the art offensive concepts going up against the best D in the modern era. And how many times was the ball ever in the hands of a Duck who's played significant minutes for this team before?

It was a very steep learning curve for Ducks while going up against the National Champs looking to repeat. The outcome was probably closer to reality than we wanted to believe before the game. Hopefully, Lanning is still the real deal, processes the autopsy of the game, understands his team better and moves them forward the way we all hope.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2