Charles Fischer

For All OBD Members...Better Read This

I want to remind everyone of Rule 31c, where we do not harp endlessly on the extreme negative.  We are not sunshine-pumpers, we do critical analysis here, but we don't need the obvious from Saturday pointed out over-and-over.

If you have told us your opinion three times in the last week?  We GOT IT....hear that?  We GOT IT.  We do not need to see your excessive negative three or four times a day; you are venting, and that is impolite to the good people of this community.  We are not your therapists couch; if you have to tell us your excessively negative opinion about the Ducks more than three times in a week?

Then you are venting and violating Rule No. 31b, as well as 31c.

Why do we have this rule?  Why do you think?  It's a fricken buzz-kill for the rest of us!  We do not need your ongoing Eeyore observations; if you've given us your dire negative outlook three times in the last three days...we GOT IT.

We are all aware of what occurred, and are still processing much of it.  And the loyal fans are just that....loyal.  Are you going to stand by Our Beloved Ducks right now?  This is when they need you, not when it is easy with big wins.

Writing negative is fine, but there has been the beginnings of over-the-top negative, and I don't want to delete posts or ban people over it....but I have before and I will.

Time to move forward...

Eeyore_From YouTube.jpg

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

The most prolific poster in the history of both FishDuck sites could not control himself and was banned over this rule 31c.  Two other OBD members that could not contain themselves in last year's game threads were banned as well, and we have a more harmonious atmosphere as a result.  (Sometimes less is better)

Now some of you will say, "he only wants sunshine-pumping" and that is your spin, as negative is fine, as I write negative often too.  But there is a difference between writing some negative versus excessive negative, and use the three-times-in-a week as your guide.

If you cannot tell the difference between writing some negative and venting?  Then you should not post...because either you have poor judgment, or no control.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you for saying this.  Much appreciated.  

The game has been beaten to the proverbial pulp by both local and national media.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:03 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I want to remind everyone of Rule 31c, where we do not harp endlessly on the extreme negative.  We are not sunshine-pumpers, we do critical analysis here, but we don't need the obvious from Saturday pointed out over-and-over.

If you have told us your opinion three times in the last week?  We GOT IT....hear that?  We GOT IT.  We do not need to see your excessive negative three or four times a day; you are venting, and that is impolite to the good people of this community.  We are not your therapists couch; if you have to tell us your excessively negative opinion about the Ducks more than three times in a week?

Then you are venting and violating Rule No. 31b, as well as 31c.

Why do we have this rule?  Why do you think?  It's a fricken buzz-kill for the rest of us!  We do not need your ongoing Eeyore observations; if you've given us your dire negative outlook three times in the last three days...we GOT IT.

We are all aware of what occurred, and are still processing much of it.  And the loyal fans are just that....loyal.  Are you going to stand by Our Beloved Ducks right now?  This is when they need you, not when it is easy with big wins.

Writing negative is fine, but there has been the beginnings of over-the-top negative, and I don't want to delete posts or ban people over it....but I have before and I will.

Rant over.

Time to move forward...

Eeyore_From YouTube.jpg

Message received and accepted.