Charles Fischer

Former Oregon Pitcher Makes National News

One thing I have to give George Horton credit for is that he could recruit great pitchers such as Ryne Nelson, and it is great to see Oregon players in MLB as we do.

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

If Monday was the foreshadowing of what the Arizona Diamondback's Ryne Nelson and Houston Astros' Hunter Brown can do in the big leagues, then the future of these young men is...

Before anyone freaks out about the news source...if it comes from another carrier--people on the other side of the aisle will freak out.  And Oregon does get paid by Fox Sports often for football game broadcasts...  Consider the message about our beloved duck, and not the source please.

• Go Ducks! 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, Charles Fischer said:

One thing I have to give George Horton credit for is that he could recruit great pitchers such as Ryne Nelson, and it is great to see Oregon players in MLB as we do.

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

If Monday was the foreshadowing of what the Arizona Diamondback's Ryne Nelson and Houston Astros' Hunter Brown can do in the big leagues, then the future of these young men is...

Before anyone freaks out about the news source...if it comes from another carrier--people on the other side of the aisle will freak out.  And Oregon does get paid by Fox Sports often for football game broadcasts...  Consider the message about our beloved duck, and not the source please.

Why would we get 'freaked out' by this news source?  And you're right - good news about a former Duck is good news as long as it's true.

On 9/6/2022 at 8:27 AM, Mic said:

Why would we get 'freaked out' by this news source?

You are new to the site, and we are sticklers about "no reference of any kind to politics."  The category of politics has created quite a bit of trouble in the past until I clamped down on it, and I've banned people who could not control themselves from putting political references, innuendos or swipes in their post.  I've lost friends over it as they leveraged our friendship into "allow the post or we are done." 

I was simply answering in advance to what I might run into, as it was not a political statement, just the best report about Ryne Nelson out there is all.

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

From the FishDuck Feed...Lots of news about Ryne Nelson's game last night, here are a few.

Arizona Diamondbacks article

ARIZONASPORTS.COM

Ryne Nelson sat down 17 Padres hitters in a row during his MLB debut for the Arizona Diamondbacks at Petco Park Monday...

• Thanks 1

Oregon baseball has been well represented this past week in MLB...Click pic to enlarge print

On mobile-the tweets disappear.  I will have the web developer look into it.

Mr. FishDuck

Only the 2nd pitcher since 1901 to do this in their debut?  Gads, he's sounding like the baseball version of Justin Herbert!  Well done, young man.

• Like 1