NJDuck

Duck's Offensive Line Now Sits as Nation's No. 1 in One Key Stat

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks’ offensive line now stands alone as the top unit in the nation when it comes to keeping the QB clean.

We knew coming into this season we had a veteran offensive front that was going to be a huge strength of the team.  This front line is winning in the trenches.

Now in four games, the biggest number where the line is concerned is zero, the number of times QB Bo Nix has been sacked.  This is one main goal for this line, protect the QB.

Which is one of the reasons Bo Nix is thriving on this team.  With the talent around him and this front line, Bo Nix's talent and grittiness is shining through.  More than what any of us might have expected with the start of the season.  I think I can speak for most on here we hope this would happen, but was unsure.

So yes, I am very happy seeing the growth that is happening with this year's team.  Very happy with this new coaching staff developing this team to reach their potential.  This staff is also learning and growing.

Looking forward to continue growth, reaching new heights.  Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

It is incredible, and another big surprise from this team.  Klemm is killing it!

Mr. FishDuck

Not only is the line playing well, the play calling scheme is setting them up for success - see the roll out plays on the deep ball.

Plus, players like Harper, Connerly, and Jackson Powers are playing great too.

If all I recall is a couple dumb false starts, we're rockin it!

I give a lot of credit to Bo.