Pennsylvania Duck

Canzano: Oregon-UCLA shaping up like a Chip Kelly Super Bowl

Ex-Washington coach Chris Petersen, now working as a television analyst on FOX, sounded giddy after watching UCLA dispose of Utah.

“This wasn’t a statement game, this was a movement game,” Petersen said. “This is legit now. Chip needed

this win to take his program to the next level. They've got a bye, then at Oregon, and it’s going to be ‘on.’”

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Undefeated Chip Kelly visits Autzen Stadium on Oct. 22.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice read. Canzano is getting better and better.

I've always liked Chris Petersen and hoped he would be Oregon's Head Coach someday, like...  right after Mark Helfrich was let go.  Then he went to Washington and his reputation suffered a bit for that.  If memory serves me correctly, he was an assistant coach here at Oregon once (?).

Regardless, I'm not surprised he's excited about UCLA but it's probably because of Chip Kelly.  I believe he admired Chip when he was coaching for the Ducks and would have accepted the offer to follow in his footsteps after he left Oregon.

It ought to be a marvelous game for him to watch - because I think he still harbors love for both Kelly and Oregon.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.  Charles?

On 10/9/2022 at 9:36 PM, Mic said:

If memory serves me correctly, he was an assistant coach here at Oregon once (?).

Yes, this was in one of Drex's articles recently...

FISHDUCK.COM

We judge new head coaches by first-year wins and recruiting. But Duck fans need one more metric for Dan Lanning: show us your quarterbacks. Here'

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck