NJDuck

Report Card: Ducks Turned in Their Most Complete Game in Arizona

The offensive line returned to form after a penalty-riddled Stanford game.  They opened up big holes for the tailbacks and Bo Nix was protected which is an amazing stat!

Our defense was tested by Arizona's passing attack, but for the most part, they held up and didn't allow Jayden de Laura go wild.  Oregon took the sell out crowd out of the game.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

In the 49-22 win over Arizona, the Ducks turned in their most complete game of the season at the perfect time.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps the singles best turnaround of penalties I can recall from one game to the next.  And the O-line did this in a sold-out stadium.  Well, it WAS full, for the 1st half.  😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Was great to see dontae manning and Florence playing well at corner as well. Some really good reps and making our team stronger. Bummer manning got a penalty, but I’m okay with a high speed penalty where someone is playing hard and makes a mistake of inches. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The team as a whole seemed to be in focus. Very few penalties. 

Credit here goes to the coaching staff getting the message to the players in practice.

No 1 for me is the play of Bo Nix. He is in total control of the offense and he is like having another coach on the field. He seems to have a calming effect on the whole offense. 

If we can get a guy like Bo to have the same effect on our defense then look out.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:29 PM, Just Ducky said:

Credit here goes to the coaching staff getting the message to the players in practice.

No 1 for me is the play of Bo Nix. He is in total control of the offense and he is like having another coach on the field. He seems to have a calming effect on the whole offense. 

If we can get a guy like Bo to have the same effect on our defense then look out.

If you listen to forsyths postgame comments, nix was checking and making tons of adjustments and was super prepped to watch for them by dillingham. He had them ready to pounce for the time or two they took the bait. Pretty awesome. That’s some NFL level stuff going on that you don’t usually get in college football to that degree. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/9/2022 at 11:29 AM, Just Ducky said:

I liken this team to Luke Skywalker at the beginning of The Empire Strikes back. They are learning the ways of the force, but are still impetuous enough to leave before they finish their training.

It takes major focus to reach the level of "Yoda,Obi Wan, Qui Gon and Mace Windu".  Those were Jedi a nation would fear.  Like Georgia, and the Alabama teams of years past... The 2001 Miami Hurricanes.  

I'm greedy.  But patient.  This team is possible top ten material.  But they are not Jedi yet.

It's more fun now. But it's obvious this team is going through growing pains.  

• Applause 1

On 10/9/2022 at 9:47 PM, Mike West said:

It's more fun now. But it's obvious this team is going through growing pains.  

In retrospect, the loss to Georgia was a huge learning opportunity, if heartbreaking.  Likewise, a loss to Chip's Bruins, if it should occur, will be another huge learning opportunity for the Ducks.

Kenny Dillingham is about to meet Obi Wan Kanobi face to face and I, for one, have NO idea which one is going to prevail in this battle.  Growing pains indeed.  

• Go Ducks! 1