Chipshot

Coach Lanning Sighting (Today) Provo, Utah

image.jpeg.d971335703fe91529ba6a306f665bbfa.jpeg

Coach Lanning was at Timpview High School (Provo, Utah) today, presumably recruiting offensive lineman, Spencer Fano.

Coach Lanning is pictured with my best friend’s son (the Timpview team manager), who is a HUGE Ducks fan.

As a side note, which I feel is noteworthy, Coach Lanning is wearing OHT gear. Operation Hat Trick (OHT) generates awareness and support for the recovery of wounded service members and veterans through the sale of OHT merchandise.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Coach, bring us Fano!

Fano is the #2 player in Utah.

I hope Lanning got over to Lehi and visited edge Tausili Akana the #1 player in Utah. He is a Top 100 player on the 247 composite who has crystal balls to Chokelahoma. I've been hoping all year we would go after this kid hard and try to keep him out West 

Akana just visited OU after Texas thrashed them 49-0.  He's been to LSU, Texas and has a visit to Texas ATM the start of November. Someone is going to get his 5th and final visit. It would be nice get him into Autzen Nov 19th for the Utah game.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

These visits are so important for recruiting (and a little R&R for coach) I hope to see him back in Eugene to help the team prepare for UCLA again soon.  Nothing recruits better than a winning program and this next game is a huge one.  

That said, nice to see the coach willing to meet with fans too, though, and this is a nice photo of Dan and a young fan.

What's the old saying?   "Character is revealed when someone does something good for others - not for return of favor but for the sake of doing good."  Or something like that.  I bet this was a thrill for the young man!  

Thanks for pointing out the OHT program for our veterans.

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 1