1Funduck

Bo is Going to Know....TD's.

Reading a recent article about BONIX and his offensive explosion left me wondering; Just how many Td's can BONIX get this year?

At first glance I see 6 games and 20 TD's and one can reasonable say that another 20 would be reasonable. This line of reasoning is flawed. The first game had 0 TD's. The next 5 games came against average teams at best sans BYU. However, UCLA and Utah would be a good test. But, there are Cal and Colorado up following UCLA. UW and Utah follow with OSU finishing off the regular season.

I think BONIX gets more than 20 TD's to finish the season. Here's my prognostication;

UCLA) 4 total TD's

CAL) 4 total TD's

Colorado) 6 total TD's

UW) 4 total TD's

UU) 4 total TD's

OSU) 5 total TD's

I believe Bo is going to ramp up TD's, not necessarily because the teams will be more agreeable to give up TD's, but that the whole team is gelling quite well for starters. Oregon's offensive line just seems to be getting better and better as the season progresses. This helps Bo have increasing time to run through his progressions. The entire receiving core is also getting better at route running.

Add a conference championship game of another 4 TD's and there is a potential of 31 additional TD's to finish the year. 

Why is this significant? 

Marcus Mariota had 57 TD's in his Heisman year. He had a passing efficiency of 186.33 and a total offense of 4452 yards. It also helped that MM took Oregon to the playoffs to secure that Heisman. Can Bo get to 57? I don't think so. But, this is the kind of year that Bo is building right now. Maybe not Heisman quality, but a top 5 and possibly the second best stats for an Oregon QB in any given year. 

Whether Bo knows 50+ TD's remains to be seen. But, currently, Bo is 7th in Heisman rank with prognosticators. It's a real probability that Bo gets an invite if he keeps going the way he is going.

WAR DUCK!!!!!!!

Like your analysis. Don't know if the number will play out as you've predicted. Sure hope so tho.

ehhhhhh-yaaaaaa.... no? 

I think this is a rather high estimate because O's competition gets a lot stiffer going forward starting with UCLA.  He may rack up some good numbers against CAL & Colorado (but not 6).   UCLA, Utah and OSU are going to be stingy on the TD side.  Wash is a guess because, like OSU, even when things are looking down for them they play Oregon tough, even in Autzen. 

Those are overly optimistic TD numbers, in my humble opinion.  But I'd be happy to be wrong and crown you the TD Prognosticator of the Year if they come true.  Might even buy you a pint.

Edited by Mic