Charles Fischer

Oregon's Offense: Do You Believe in MAGIC?

It sure feels that way on offense with such a big victory, and the way it was done.  Coach Dillingham wanted an efficient offense this season, and boy we are seeing it.  A punter boycott?

Oregon OC Kenny Dillingham Deserving "Head Coach Consideration" - On3

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Dilly was pretty jacked up in the Booth today. He keeps coaching at this level and he will be hard to hold onto after this year.

My hope is he follows Lanning's path and wins a NC first. Lanning got poached by one of the best Progr'ms in the country after Dawgs beat Bama last year. 

Dilly might hold out to match Lanning 

• Let’s hope! 1

I like to imagine CK looking up at the scoreboard at the end of the game and reminiscing about his glory days in Autzen.  

Kenny D is killing it! If he stays here for a few more years, his teams might have Oregon fans saying: "Chip who?"

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2022 at 5:23 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It sure feels that way on offense with such a big victory, and the way it was done.  Coach Dillingham wanted an efficient offense this season, and boy we are seeing it.  A punter boycott?

Oregon OC Kenny Dillingham Deserving "Head Coach Consideration" - On3

I had posted the question (tongue-in-cheek) over a week ago about is the punter becoming obsolete in the CFB.  It's starting to look like Dan Lanning's about done with it.  The 4th and 8 that led to Bucky's TD catch is a very good example, tho the Ducks were probably too close in for the punt and too far out for a FG.

In Autzen, the Ducks might as well just convert their punter into a WR.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1

In fact, (related to my immediate post above) in a pre-game interview with Karsten Battles, the long snapper, revealed that he had changed his number from 63 to 45 to make him receiver-eligible!  

(To give the defense one more thing to think about in the event Kenny D decides to fake the punt or FG kick and try a trick play instead).