Mic

Meanwhile ...

All this talk about the Ducks Offense & Nix' performance (Luv it!) deserves attention all right, but I'm sitting here in front of the boob tube watching Appalachian St. vs Coastal Carolina.  Talk about an electric offense!   C.C. has what looks like what Oregon had under Kelly going on right now. And they've got a kid that looks like DAT came back in a Tardis machine.

About the same kind of defense, too.

Edited by Mic

I love this rivalry. My buddy from around the corner has a daughter currently at CCU and she is one of the sideline photographers. His oldest son graduated from App St. so there is a nice family rivalry. My daughter wants to go to App, so we took her up there last year for a game. It’s a beautiful campus with a great vibe. The only thing that sucks is they always play each other during the week.

• Thumbs Up 1

After watching this game I think I could be a Chanticleer fan too.  (whatever the he_l a chanticleer is).  Looks like they've been studying Chip Kelly's playbook and recruiting all the speediest players they can find.  Pretty soon, the CFB is gonna have to deal with them too - but they're SOS will hamper them.

On 11/4/2022 at 2:17 PM, Mic said:

whatever the he_l a chanticleer is

– a proud and fierce rooster

The Chanticleer is derived from the crafty, quick-thinking rooster in Geoffrey Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales,"

https://www.coastal.edu/aboutccu/whatisachanticleer/

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 2:21 PM, ICamel said:

– a proud and fierce rooster

The Chanticleer is derived from the crafty, quick-thinking rooster in Geoffrey Chaucer's "Canterbury Tales,"

https://www.coastal.edu/aboutccu/whatisachanticleer/

Ah, well ... there you go!  Geoffrey Chaucer - THE hardest to understand writer in "English" I ever tried to read.  Probably why I didn't remember his crafty rooster. Thanks!