cartm25

UPDATE: Oregon Offensive Statistics (Historical Comparison)

With 3 more games left, here's the latest on how the current Ducks stack up to Ducks' offenses of the past.

I added two new efficiency categories on the far right:  OTD% and Points per Possession.

"OTD %" = What percentage of offensive possessions result in a touchdown. LOOK AT DILLINGHAM'S EFFICIENCY!!! He is beating the best offenses Ducks' history has to offer.

image.thumb.png.a5435c52f0de814863bb69a5d0c09f20.png

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Chip=best rushing, Helfrich=best passing (and Mariota), Lanning/Dillingham= best efficiency and results!

Love this stuff Cartm25.  Thanks for putting in the time, it really puts the info into perspective.  Time to find, research and make the information understandable, is a WHOLE THING. Ugh.  But the wheels in my head won't quit turning.  Too much coffee.  But love what you have found.  Thanks for all you do.  A great forum for sharing.

Incredible stuff--thanks so much!

Alex Forsyth and Bo Nix after TD_Fox Sports Video.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Cartm25 This is great stuff! Thank you.

Two things stand out to me. One good, one bad.

Good= Look how efficient the offense is. 53% of drives end in touchdowns. Basically 4 points every time the offense takes the field!

Bad= We're only getting 1.5 points a game from turnovers and special teams. Virtually no big plays outside of our offense. Both Chip and Helfrich had years that were at 5 points a game. Our defense really needs to be creating some of that havoc we heard so much about.

• Applause 1