NJDuck

Canzano: Cost of College Football Transfer Game is Clear

I mean he can't exactly get an Onlyfans account and actually earn it...

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Stanford women's basketball coach Tara VanDerveer took issue with how popular LSU gymnast Olivia Dunne was earning NIL endorsement money.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:00 AM, NJDuck said:

"Private chef?  Four-bedroom house?"

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Private chef? Four-bedroom house?

Why do I get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read about all this?  It really makes me sad to think what's happening to the last vestiges of amateur sport in America.  Let's just call it what it's becoming: professional athletics on a collegiate level.  PCA, Professional Collegiate Athletics.  Drop this 'NCAA' nonsense and call it what it is.

I'm sorry Charles & mods.  I know this isn't positive or happy, happy.  I hope I haven't over-stepped the line.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:49 AM, cartm25 said:

"Sure! We'll give you all you ask for. Now sign this agreement that states if you transfer from our school, then you, or the school you intend to transfer to, are legally obligated to pay back the monetary value of what we provided you. You know, sort of like a buyout."

If only ...

• Thumbs Up 1

One can laugh at all this nonsense above but in reality, this is the sort of thing that can (and will) eventually lead to lawyers and agents determining which players go where, just like Pro Football.  And what a sad day that will be for everyone who loves Collegiate Sports.  Again, just my own opinion.

Time to focus on happier things!  GO OREGON - BEAT THEM 'DAWGS!!

On 11/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Mic said:

I'm sorry Charles & mods.  I know this isn't positive or happy, happy.  I hope I haven't over-stepped the line.

You have to remember that all of us here have wrote about this stuff since it began coming out in the summer of 2020, and while we may feel the same--it has been said a couple of hundred times already....

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck