Jemangi

This Was Inevitable Aka Elephants in the Room

All the things that happened to allow this loss happened.  S*** happens in football.

The refs, bad luck, unfortunate strategies, injuries etc.

We could have and "maybe" should have won.

But, the elephants have been on the field all season and it reared their head again today at the worst of times.

Our pass defense is not Playoff Quality.  Quite to the contrary,  it and our 3 rd down defense is

close to the worst in the county and it was inevitable that we'd be bitten by it sooner or later.

We have worried that an injury to Bo would leave us dead in the water with no qb to count on.

Well, it also happened at the worst of times.  Watching Ty hand off and go nowhere to me was the most painful part of the game.

I know nothing of the QB room etc, only that we obviously can not win with what we have seen so far out of Ty and we have not seen Butters at all.

Most of us worried it would happen with SC...   Hopefully we have a chance to try again against them in Pac 12  championship game

Go Ducks, It has been a great season and I love our new coaches!  If we win our last two games we go to play SC and a good shot a Rose Bowl.

This season is a success already and hopefully more to come.  We do not belong in the CFP as our defense is not good enough.

The elephant is still there lurking and as long as we have to count on outscoring everyone, things like this will happen.

Win out and be happy for a wonderful season!!

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles and profanity
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, Jemangi said:

Our pass defense is not Playoff Quality.  Quite to the contrary,  it and our 3 rd down defense is

close to the worst in the county and it was inevitable that we'd be bitten by it sooner or later.

Go Ducks, It has been a great season and I love our new coaches!  

Exactly.  And I too 'love' our coaches.  Or that is, most of them.  There's one I don't so much ... and I think most of us know which one, though we'll just have to watch how things play out the rest of the way.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:54 AM, Mic said:

Exactly.  And I too 'love' our coaches.  Or that is, most of them.  There's one I don't so much ... and I think most of us know which one, though we'll just have to watch how things play out the rest of the way.

Hmmm....Does his initials start with a TLC u later?  Nope, haven't got a clue.

• Cool 1