Pennsylvania Duck

Canzano: Humility Is Good Medicine For a Coach (and Us All)

I figured a first-year, first-time head coach would get some things wrong in his first season.

I remember Chip Kelly fumbling disciplinary issues early in his tenure.

Also, Mario Cristobal botched his clock management a few times.

Neither admitted they were wrong.

Lanning said on Monday that there were “probably 10 plays I would have played a lot different.”

I relate to that...Bet you do, too.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Candid and authentic... wins every time.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Canzano helping us appreciate Lanning for the kind of person he is.  Thanks to John as well...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

In Canzano's article he speaks to the possibility that UCLA may not go to the B1G and if they do not they could be sued by that conference.  I have to wonder just what damages the B1G will have suffered in the few months of their expectation of UCLA joining?  And . . . , just how has the B1G changed its position in reliance upon the UCLA "commitment"?  This lawyer doubts there is any Bruin liability, and if there were, damages would be minimal.  Hence, no law suit.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/15/2022 at 4:45 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Canzano helping us appreciate Lanning for the kind of person he is.  Thanks to John as well...

BFT, really, is this "the" John Canzano?  Never thought anything intelligent would come out of this guys mouth, are we being played?  But after reviewing the article, his take is very similar to my take when I watched DL interview.  Nice Job Canzano.  That just feels weird saying.  Excuse me, while I wash my mouth out with soap.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since JC has left the Oregonian, his journalistic skill has become less confrontational.

On 11/15/2022 at 7:30 PM, ICamel said:

Since JC has left the Oregonian, his journalistic skill has become less confrontational.

lol

You've noticed that as well!  I heartily agree.