1Funduck

Some Championship Game Ponderings

I know, I know. Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, simply put, we lost too many and never got there.

Oregon state played USC within a score and they have a garbage QB. Utah beat USC by a score earlier in the year. Oregon beat Utah by 1 score. Washington beat Oregon by 1 score...etc. etc. I'm seeing parody in the PAC. There are no clear runaways this year. If your team is healthy, top to bottom, you can win. But, most likely your win will be by only one score. Oregon was playing as a clear favorite till Bo got hurt. Then they went middling of the top tier.

U$C was exposed as what I have felt they were from October on. A pretender of a team on defense. To be fair, Oregon measures up pretty comparable as well. The difference? Oregon lost to OSU by a score and U$C beat OSU by a score and Oregon beat Utah by a score but U$C lost to them by a score. U$C avoided most of the top shelf of the PAC.

This brings me to next year. The team that brings back the best QB will most likely win the conference. I don't see a defensive world beater in the PAC. Although, I really like the...(cough cough) Beavs defense. The PAC has some good defenses, but a great QB will have his day in this conference.

Now, ON to the Bowl Season!!!

I haven't been this interested in the Bowl season in....ever! We have 6 teams in the top 17. Whaaaaaat??!!!! Yeah 6! Do you see any team that shouldn't win their bowl by a sound margin? The PAC's QB play is excellent except the Beavs. Every dinged up squad should be 100% in the next 3 weeks. Because of U$C's loss, tOSU will back door into the playoffs. This leaves mediocre offenses from the B1G left to play. The ACC? Big 12? Even the SEC looks mediocre after the top 3. I'm not scared of one single team that the PAC is in Bowl contract with. The PAC should have an excellent Bowl Season!

DUCK ON!!!!

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, through much of the game I was thinking this should be Oregon kicking USC butt.

Actually we were what, 9 points away from that and with all that has happened around the country, would be headed to the playoffs with those 9 points. 

I know there is a lot of disappointment, including me, but there should also be a lot of optimism. 

With a first year coach and a lot of new players, we were 9 points away from the CFP. 9 points.

• Applause 1