duck023

Oregon Should Play North Carolina in the Pre-Conference and Georgia in a Bowl Game

I can't help but blame some of Oregon's problems on scheduling. It should be the reverse, play teams like North Carolina in the preseason so you can take on the big dogs in the Bowl games. I think scheduling Georgia and even Ohio State last year was a big mistake by the people who make schedules. I don't see Michigan going out of their way to play Alabama and the last time they did was with Denard Robinson and they went 8-4.

While SEC schools don't get criticized for scheduling cupcakes, for whatever reason the PAC-12 does. Thus, Oregon scheduled Georgia. (Of course, last year the Ducks played Ohio State there, and that turned out all right.) And SEC can beat the cupcakes and not get dinged for lack of strength of schedule, but the PAC-12 teams get denounced for it.

At least it seems that way. 🙂

• Thumbs Up 3

I would really like 8 conference games. The thing is I actually feel North Carolina is the perfect team to schedule in the preseason. They are a good team, but Oregon has more talent across the board. In the early season I don't see Oregon underestimating them either because they are a top 3 ACC team. While I'm worried in this bowl game that Oregon is going to underestimate North Carolina. SEC schools don't get criticized but Clemson and the Big 12 schools do but still make the playoffs. I think the Pac 12 should look at the ACC and question why a conference with less talent has made the playoffs more times. Even in 1996 it seemed way harder for ASU to go undefeated than Florida St.

• Thumbs Up 2

Perception.  SEC schedules cupcakes because the perception is the SEC has the best 14 teams in college football.  Their conference play is murders row every week according to the talking heads.  Even the computers have a bias towards the SEC.  It is truly insane how much everybody and computers think the SEC is so much better than the rest of college football.

If it is 8 or 9 it doesn't matter, but every P5 conference should play the same number of conference games.

That's what happens when you sign the biggest baddest media contract... their is a vested interest in propping up and selling the perceived/desired result.