Charles Fischer

It's a THING: Team Recruiting Rankings for Portal Transfers!

OK...maybe this has been around awhile, but I was not aware of it.  It ranks teams in terms of recruiting portal transfers.  Interesting to add to the HS rankings...

Oregon is No. 6 this year thus far, but last year was No. 24?  I thought we did really well, and would have thought we would have had a higher ranking?  Oh well, we loved them....

247SPORTS.COM

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

It is based on their high-school star ratings.  I think we hit it out of the park with our transfers, but wasn't Bo the only former 5 star?

Oregon's early attack of transfer portal has Ducks ranked among best in the nation

Transfer portal rankings are starting to become ever more important. With a coach’s ability to remake the roster in a single offseason by hitting the portal and convincing ready-made players to come to their school and make an instant impact, it’s become extremely valuable to see which teams have been able to adapt the best and take advantage of the changing landscape where players are able to pick up and change schools on a whim.

“It’s the name of the game, right?” Lanning said early this offseason. “I mean, it’s that you gotta go out here and adapt. And I think right now in college football, one of the biggest things about college football is who can adapt the best and who can handle the adjustments that are required, and we’ve got a great staff that’s done a good job of that.”

It’s impossible to deny that Dan Lanning and the Ducks have been able to use it to their advantage.

So after those five additions to the roster, where do the Ducks stand compared to the other active portal teams in the nation?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks have landed 5 transfers that could be potential starters in 2023. So far, they’re utilizing the portal as well as anyone in the...