Pennsylvania Duck

Men's Basketball: 12/20/22 Utah Valley @ Ducks (Ducks LOSE 72-77)

MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS UTAH VALLEY

This is the second meeting between the programs, with UO beating UVU 69-54 in 2013.

GODUCKS.COM

EUGENE, Ore. – Oregon men's basketball hosts Utah Valley to close out nonconference play on Tuesday.

MIGHTY OREGON PODCAST: BRENNAN RIGSBY

THE LATEST EPISODE OF THE MIGHTY OREGON PODCAST FEATURES SOPHOMORE GUARD BRENNAN RIGSBY,

A SMALL-TOWN KID WHO BROKE OUT AS A PROSPECT WITH HELP FROM A DUNK THAT WENT VIRAL.

GODUCKS.COM

The latest episode of the Mighty Oregon Podcast features sophomore guard Brennan Rigsby, a small-town kid who broke out as a prospect with help from a dunk that went viral.

Oregon's difficult non-conference schedule comes to an end Tuesday night with matchup vs Utah Valley

The Oregon men's basketball program will close out the non-conference schedule with a home game against yet another tough opponent.

Tuesday night's matchup will face off against an opponent that's won five straight games and six of their last seven.

Oregon squares against the Utah Valley Wolverines out of the Western Athletic Conference.

"I don't know much, but I do know they beat BYU at BYU 75-60," said Oregon head coach Dana Altman Saturday after a win over Portland.

"I was shocked by that score. They have the potential to have a big 3-point shooting night. I think they did that at BYU, 11 for 23 or something."

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon men's basketball program will close out the non-conference schedule with a home game against yet another...

Report: Oregon's Keeshawn Barthelemy will remain sidelined until January

The Ducks’ have spent much of the year without three of their top four guards and have seen eight scholarship players miss time due to injuries.

Coach Altman: “I’m disappointed for Keeshawn and I’m disappointed for Jermaine and I’m disappointed for guys who can’t play —

Ethan and Nate. But, for the rest of the guys, it’s an opportunity to take ahold of it. We’ve gotta find a way to compete and win games.” 

WWW.ON3.COM

According to a report, Oregon junior guard Keeshawn Barthelemy will remain sidelined for the foreseeable future.

Nice, getting embarrassed by Utah Valley now, team still can't shoot worth a damn, would be nice if Altman would remember to recruit shooters.

Apparently, we can write off this BB season. I just don't get it. I understand about the injuries and all. But this team has too much talent to lose to a team I didn't even know exitsted. The team seems listless and the five people in the crowd aren't helping to get them going. Sad state of affairs. Women look good though.

I will say that they haven't quit. A minute left down two. This can't be a loss if the season is to go anywhere. Granted, the conference race will determine tournament options. But if you end up a bubble team you can't lose to Utah Valley.  All game long I've tried to recognize the UV coach. Finally had to look at the website and see he's a former smirky Stanford player that I never liked. Please beat this guy!

I guess when you shoot negative 15% you end up losing to a junior college?

Wow! This is bad. I thought this was one of our cupcake games...However, you still can't sleepwalk through a half! 

Oregon men’s basketball ends nonconference play with upset loss to Utah Valley

For the fourth in five years, Oregon suffered a Quadrant 3 home loss — the second straight year falling to a

lesser opponent in December — ending nonconference play in brutal fashion.

Will Richardson had 26 points, seven rebounds and four assists and N’Faly Dante had 17 points and 15 rebounds for the Ducks, who cut a

17-point halftime deficit to within two, but couldn’t fully close the gap against a scrappy Utah Valley team that held on for a 77-72 upset Tuesday night.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Will Richardson had 26 points, seven rebounds and four assists and N’Faly Dante had 17 points and 15 rebounds for the Ducks...

WATCH: Dana Altman expands on bad loss at home to Utah Valley

Oregon head basketball coach Dana Altman opens up about the latest loss in non-conference play

for the Ducks, and how Oregon will need to regroup and quickly.

Flat Start Dooms Ducks In Defeat

Oregon rallied within two in the final minutes but couldn't make up a 17-point halftime deficit Tuesday.

Oregon gamely rallied in the second half Tuesday, but the Ducks were undone by a flat start and 3-of-19

three-point shooting in a loss to Utah Valley in Matthew Knight Arena, 77-72.

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon rallied within two in the final minutes but couldn't make up a 17-point halftime deficit Tuesday.

I know I've said it a ton, but I have no idea why Altman has decided to start recruiting guys who can't shoot, we have no snipers that you can't leave open, it's a complete whiff on getting guys that actually work in today's game.  Soares can't shoot, Guerrier isn't reliable at all, Rigsby can't shoot, Williams can't shoot, Bittle can't shoot, no one can shoot on this team other than Richardson, I just don't get it.

And if you try to say that Barthelemy and Couisnard can shoot, I would say look at their stats, they aren't knock down shooter either.  You can leave anyone open on this team and you wouldn't feel in danger at all other than maybe Richardson. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And there is the Q3 home loss in December.  Unreal.  As the poster above mentioned, we only have two shooters on this team, Richardson and Rigsby. 

What a mess!  Hard to imagine that Altman’s first team that had Jovan Catron as its best player could end up with more wins than this team filled with 4 and 5* talent by season end. 

Edited by GeotechDuck

I still can’t believe I watched the real life Billy Hoyle shake us down last night.  We had no answer for his YMCA game. 

Turnovers.  Just brutal all year... you can't shoot if you give the ball away (and 'challenged' shooting is a well covered topic).  Protecting the ball can be coached up - a bit - and I know Coach will be on this.  On to the Pac...

On 12/21/2022 at 8:30 AM, GeotechDuck said:

I still can’t believe I watched the real life Billy Hoyle shake us down last night.  We had no answer for his YMCA game. 

This YMCA guy is still ballin'.  Colorado had no answer for him last night.

There is a possibility of a rematch in the NIT.  I sure hope it happens.

• Haha 1